Who else is injured?

Options
Have a shoulder injury that I am having to baby as I suspect it's a rotator cuff injury..am doing a ton of exercises for it and stretching like crazy but daren't risk swimming or lifting even light weights :(

So very very frustrating..

Anyone else?

Replies

• Medwayguy
    Options
    Well I managed to get a Thomas the Tank Engine toy stuck in a very personal orifice!
    ~I thought he said Pooo Poooo not Choo Chooo :/

The nurses at A+E were very kind but, I have to sit on ice for a week or so and on their advice only eat coasters...
    Woe is me :/
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Apart from:

L knee - ruptured PCL, missing lateral cartilege. R knee - old patella fracture, 3 degenerated lumbar discs, wear and tear in upper back and neck vertebrae, R shoulder AC injury and supraspinatus tendonitis....

......I'm 100% fit and well :)

Body transplant would be nice as I appear to have worn this one out.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Broken arm here mate
  • volamena
    Options
    Hi,

I have a shoulder injury as well. I can't swim or weight train anymore. And as for a couple of days, I again feel pain in my ankle (I got a sprained ankle a few months ago) :-(((
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    I tore the tendons in my shoulders whilst doing heavy lifting above my head at work. It took a couple of years to start feeling better but I have been told not to lift now because if it goes again I will need an operation.

Edited for typos
  • onyx
    onyx Posts: 2
    Options
    Longitudinal tear of my bicep tendon. I still train, but it really restricts me from going as hard as I would like. I train mma so I am always banged up. You just have to find things you can do that won't exacerbate your injuries. I know all about the frustration of injuries, at one time I played semi-pro baseball and a torn labrum ended that. Just have to stay positive and find activities you like to do that you are physically capable of doing.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Im like lego, im in bits
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Had a total knee replacement done 3 months ago......slow road back to full mobility :-)....
    And a "frozen shoulder" playing up since I have been doing more swimming as rehab exercises...

But no complaints - managed a 700 calorie burn today!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Born with a bone disease. I try not to let it get in the way though.
  • LadyConundra
    LadyConundra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think I have a R cuff injury that I am not taking care of. I'm even a nurse. Just recovered from a bad run in with a box jump that I missed, and it will leave a scar. I think if you really kill it at the gym, you will get hurt ever once in a while. Just be careful and take care of yourself when you need to.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    9 months of debilitating back pain. Last Friday found out it is actually spinal compression caused by tight quads.
    On the road to recovery now that it is finally properly diagnosed and am doing the correct exercises.
    During the injury though (9months) I was limited to boring long slow walks and very very light weights. Absolutely frustrating when you want to make progress and you have the energy to do it as well but your body says no!
    I'm sorry to everyone experiencing these setbacks! Healing is a long process and requires much much patience. *sighhhh*
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Born with a bone disease. I try not to let it get in the way though.

Anything I say after that is going to sound like whinning! But here goes:

I've recently recovered from wangling my knee. Actually took 2 weeks off of using it, so I must have been worried about it!

OP: just takes time, frustrating I know, but you'll just have to do a *kitten* tonne of lower body work until it's back in use!
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    9 months of debilitating back pain. Last Friday found out it is actually spinal compression caused by tight quads.
    On the road to recovery now that it is finally properly diagnosed and am doing the correct exercises.
    During the injury though (9months) I was limited to boring long slow walks and very very light weights. Absolutely frustrating when you want to make progress and you have the energy to do it as well but your body says no!
    I'm sorry to everyone experiencing these setbacks! Healing is a long process and requires much much patience. *sighhhh*

That's so exactly it isn't it..so important to find out what and why something is wrong and how to fix it..and sadly not all Drs and Physios are as good as they should be..

I have a ton of energy..might have to do a fast 20 mins on the treadmill tonight :( dull dull dull
  • xveer22
    xveer22 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Injury on my knee: Jumper's Knee.
    I can't do cardio anymore except a bit of swimming. But afterwards I really have to take at least one day rest.
    Luckily I can still (and even have to do for my knee) lifting weights. But with all exercises I have to take more days rest then I want. And can't do my favourite workouts like BodyCombat (something like karate/kick-boxing) It's soooooo frustrating