That one time...you got dumped.

Options
Restlessme
Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
Long story short, I'm single after four years because our priorities don't match up. Short story long, I love that boy still BUT after crying and looking like a crazy person this morning, I understand where he's coming from.

What are your stories of woe and heartbreak? What do you do to get over that jazz, go to the mall and spends thousands on the credit card or drown your sorrows in that beautiful tub of icecream?

I think...I'm about to show this guy what I look like 40 pounds lighter.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i cried, didnt eat all day, ate 6 bags of crisps that evening, and got sh*tfaced...

on the plus side i am now married to him, so alls well that ends well!!!
  • wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    change hair color/style, buy a sexy outfit or 2, spend time with friends who make me laugh A LOT =] and yes, it's good motivation to workout and bring sexy back
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I think your plan of getting in shape is the best one. :) Break ups are hell, no doubt, but when I think back to my major ones, I always learned A LOT about myself in the process. Which in retrospect is helpful, but I know it is small consolation when you are going through it. So use your feeling of sadness, anger, whatever and channel them in to getting healthy. And you will find every day things get a little bit easier. When I think back on my two major break ups, I can honestly say I am SO glad I did not end up with either of them! When you find the "right one" you won't break up. :)
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    You will get a lot of advice about breaking up, and 'other fish in the sea'. People will say that breaking up is hard to do and that's an understatement! As much as you try to make a drama free clean break someone is always stuck on their knees, pressing their face against a screen door and crying for all the neighbors to hear. The best thing you can do is not be that person! Stay home, play your favorite song over and over again while walking in random circles wearing the shirt he left behind. But, never, ever show him how much it hurts. It WILL get better.

Now is a good time to just throw all your energy into you. Be selfish! Take care of yourself, pamper yourself. Do what makes you happy. The next time you find yourself giving someone a second look you will be in a happy place and not still mourning what wasn't meant to be.

ps- By all means, feel free to show him you fitter and happier than you have ever been before. But, looky no touchy. Love me fat, love me thin.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    A month of crying, ice cream, whisky and overspending. Then a month of just crying and whisky. Third month now, anti-depressants, hard cardio workouts and whisky. It's definitely getting easier overall. I still have very bad days. Starting Insanity has helped enormously, hammering my body until I just don't have the energy to sustain emotion anymore.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    He didn't break up with me, I broke up with him because I had given him an ultimatum and he made his choice so I felt I couldn't back out and just stay with him, didn't think for a second that'd be it for good though. Over a year later, I still love and want to be with him, I still cry over him but oh well that's life I guess, we don't always get what we want.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    We went out on a lovely date, back to his place for a candle lit dinner and all was well until he started crying... I assumed he had somehow injured himself or something because it was weird to see him just burst into tears. He told me that he 'could never see this going anywhere and wouldnt ever want to be a father to my children'. He asked me if I was really that into him. I confessed that I was totally head over heels in love with him and he just shook is head - no. It was so late by he time he finished being a whiney baby and telling me that he had expected to fall for me and that that would fix how he felt about his divorce that the hour drive home would have been a bad idea. I ended up staying at his place. Slept in the bed beside him one last time and he even kissed me goodbye on my way to work. We talked some more via text all morning and seemed as though he had just gotten kinda scared.... UNTIL he decided to put the official break-up nail in the coffin, get this, VIA EMAIL. When I tried to call him, he wouldn't answer. I didn't let him off the hook though. He at least owed me a phone call if he was going to make that decision after wavering on it from breakfast time until lunch time that day and give me some hope of working things out. That was the day we were supposed to start p90x together. So, I cried for a week. Slept for about 13 hours a day. Exactly one week later, I started p90x alone and finished it alone. Didn't need him afterall... but I was still always pretty convinced that he could have been The One.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Long story short, I'm single after four years because our priorities don't match up. Short story long, I love that boy still BUT after crying and looking like a crazy person this morning, I understand where he's coming from.

What are your stories of woe and heartbreak? What do you do to get over that jazz, go to the mall and spends thousands on the credit card or drown your sorrows in that beautiful tub of icecream?

I think...I'm about to show this guy what I look like 40 pounds lighter.

I went out bought myself a couple of day time outfits and a AMAZING going out outfit got a spray tan had my hair done nails done all waxing procedures got my makeup done on the night an went out with my girls and sure upsides myself around them for a few weeks I carried on pampering myself for around a month on nights out every weekend and alot of flirting with people on Facebook when I wasn't doing anything and then I met my partner on a night out ( well I actually had about 3 on the go not sleeping with any just dates) an the rest is history 4 years later a perfect baby girl and love each other more than anything xx
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i cried, didnt eat all day, ate 6 bags of crisps that evening, and got sh*tfaced...

on the plus side i am now married to him, so alls well that ends well!!!

I'm KINDA hoping this could happen, but this is one breakup out of many with him and it feels final for me this time.
    change hair color/style, buy a sexy outfit or 2, spend time with friends who make me laugh A LOT =] and yes, it's good motivation to workout and bring sexy back

I actually dyed my hair last night, so I'm officially a step closer to bringing sexy back :)
    I think your plan of getting in shape is the best one. :) Break ups are hell, no doubt, but when I think back to my major ones, I always learned A LOT about myself in the process. Which in retrospect is helpful, but I know it is small consolation when you are going through it. So use your feeling of sadness, anger, whatever and channel them in to getting healthy. And you will find every day things get a little bit easier. When I think back on my two major break ups, I can honestly say I am SO glad I did not end up with either of them! When you find the "right one" you won't break up. :)

I'll just use this weekend to feel sorry for myself food and exercise wise, then hit the gym like a crazy lonely lady on Monday :)
    Honestly I know this should be a learning experience for me because over the years I changed a lot about myself to make him happy and he changed a lot for me. I just don't think relationships should work like that when I think it over. I hope to find the right one.
    You will get a lot of advice about breaking up, and 'other fish in the sea'. People will say that breaking up is hard to do and that's an understatement! As much as you try to make a drama free clean break someone is always stuck on their knees, pressing their face against a screen door and crying for all the neighbors to hear. The best thing you can do is not be that person! Stay home, play your favorite song over and over again while walking in random circles wearing the shirt he left behind. But, never, ever show him how much it hurts. It WILL get better.

Now is a good time to just throw all your energy into you. Be selfish! Take care of yourself, pamper yourself. Do what makes you happy. The next time you find yourself giving someone a second look you will be in a happy place and not still mourning what wasn't meant to be.

ps- By all means, feel free to show him you fitter and happier than you have ever been before. But, looky no touchy. Love me fat, love me thin.

I absolutely love your response and I'll admit last night I was absolutely that person with my face against the screen door. BUT I talked it over with a dear friend and we worked out my emotions. I feel much better today and I will definitely take this time to learn to appreciate myself more.
    Exactly one week later, I started p90x alone and finished it alone. Didn't need him afterall... but I was still always pretty convinced that he could have been The One.

I'm glad you were still able to move on and continue the program you two intended to do together!

(I hate that this is going to be such a long response of quotes, don't kill me!)