Over 40

Options
Over 40 and looking for support. When I hit 40 I starting putting on a little weight and the further into my 40's I get the more seems to pile on. Have been checked by my doctor and I am in very good health, so no issues there. Exercise has fallen off over the last year since I can no longer afford my gym membership, yet I still use my Wii a few days a week. Just looking for suggestions and support.

Replies

• TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Welcome....this is a great site and you will definitely find the support you need here. Feel free to add me....I'm on here daily and keep an open diary
  • CentralCal559
    Options
    Welcome to MFP..it's a great community and you'll get lots of suggestions for eating/exercise plans. I'm not the best example, as I've had a bit of a slump lately, but I feel encouraged by all the successes I read about. The word "slacker" comes to mind :happy: But everytime I feel this way, I'll read something here that get's me going again.

The best news is you are in good health! That's a real blessing! Good luck on your new advernture/journey with MFP.
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome:)

I am 49 and like you started piling on the pounds in my mid 40s - but I was determined not to be fat and 50. I looked into exercise and nutrition & discovered MFP. I have now lost 54 lbs and feel great!

You can do it, logging calories, being honest with myself, weighing food ( as we all tend to overestimate portion sizes) and exercise woprked for me.

Good luck
  • rghunt
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. I don't want to be fat and 50 either.
  • murdie
    murdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was fat and fifty and believe me it is no fun! I am 58 now and I've lost over 100 pounds. MFP is great for ideas and support! Log everything you eat and start doing some exercise. I started with walking. It is easy, free and you can build up time and speed as you are able. I do turbofire now! Feel free to add me!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    At 48 I weighed 304 lbs. and my doctor told me that I was going to die soon if I didn't lose wt. I have a history of multiple health issues and can't workout as much as I would like, so my wt. loss is mostly watching my calories and where they are coming from. This site is very helpful for watching what you eat and how many calories you burn doing certain exercises. You can do this. I plan on being at my goal by my 50th birthday, I only have 50 lbs. to go. I have found so many new friends on here over the past yr. Having a large group of friends really help kepp you motivated and encouraged. They even listen to rants and raves and really do help you get through whatever you are going through. I am on here everyday and have an open diary. Feel free to add me.
  • Jacquis59
    Options
    You're on the right road, and you have so much support here at MFP! I am 53 and I am fat, :( and definitely trying to change that. I also have diabetes, so it's an upward battle, but I know I'll get there. Welcome to our "family" here! Together, we can all reach our goals.
  • rghunt
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. Here's to success for all.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am almost 46 years old, and I can tell you that i am in the best shape of my life right now. It can be done. It just takes patience and determination. I'm happy to offer encouragement and support if you'd like to send me a friend request. :-)