A series of Unfortunate weight-gains... College Kid trying t

Options
Hi! I'm kind of new to MFP, I've tried several different websites before but I like how this one can be integrated with my Ipod so that helps me get on track. I'm 21, on the verge of 22 in April. I've been bouncing through 214-219 pounds so I know that's unhealthy weight for my 5'6 frame. I haven't started exercising regularly but I really want to get some in! Need a buddy to share tips with, LET ME KNOW :D My boyfriend is encouraging but he's also a big junk food eater, and with my apartment right across the street from a mini mart, its so easy to fall into temptation. ..... Anyway no more excuses " If it is to be, it is up to me"

Replies

• tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    You are very lucky you are realizing this at such a young age. It will make your life so much better! The older you get the harder it is. Not saying it is easy, its not, but easier than waiting until you are nearly 40 like i did!

Welcome, and good luck to you!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Good for you lady! I am a college graduate about to go to graduate school in the Fall doing the same thing. :bigsmile: You are the right place! Welcome to MFP!
  • dougspot
    dougspot Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and you're definitely in the right place! Be sure to allow yourself a failure now and again, but keep your eyes on the long term goal! :smile:
    Best of luck,
    D