I love quinoa!

Options
SMA1978
SMA1978 Posts: 30 Member
Tonight I made up a recipe with quinoa. It turned out awesome! So I thought I would share my creation.

One diced yellow onion
Two yellow summer squash diced
Two cans Rotel tomatoes with chiles
20 oz package lean ground turkey
One taco seasoning packets
One cup quinoa
1 1/2 cups water
Low fat shredded Mexican blend cheese

I sautéed the onion and squash till soft. Then browned the turkey. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Let simmer covered for about 20 minutes.
Serve with a small amount of cheese on top.

1 1/2 cups with a sprinkling of cheese is 320 calories according to the recipe builder.
This Dinner was a hit with my picky family. Hope you all like it!

Susan

Replies

• m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the recipe! It sounds yummy! I love quinoa but I have only cooked it for breakfast with cinnamon and vanilla soy milk. I am going to branch out now ;-)
  • SMA1978
    SMA1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ooh! I haven't thought of a breakfast dish! That sounds great too! Thanks!
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You know, someone posted on this site that their favorite way to eat quinoa was to sauté onion and peppers in a little olive oil, add some chorizo, and then the quinoa with water/broth, cook it all up.....I tried this and it was delicious!! I don't eat chorizo but I used Soyrizo, really good.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just bought quinoa for the first time and hadn't figured out what I was going to do with it yet. So excited to find these ideas, can't wait to try it now. Thanks.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    O0o0o0o0o0! Looks tasty! I have lots of quinoa so I'm going to try this recipe out this weekend!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    using quinoa instead of rice in stuffed pepper or squash is really good too. just substitute, quinoa is really versitile.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thanks good ieas