What keeps you going?

Options
Did a mean girl call you fat?
Are you trying to show up your boyfriend's ex?
Are you trying to prove to yourself that you can do it and find out what your body is capable of?
Are trying to fight off cardiovascular diseases, diabetes or other weight/fitness related issues?
Are you trying to age with grace?
Are you trying to find confidence and banish insecurities?

Unhealthy competition has only pushed me so far and now I'm struggling to find a motivating factor that is healthy for, not only my body, but my mind.

What gets your booty movin'? :smooched:

Replies

• bluestocking01
    Options
    None of the above.

Just the sheer determination to say good by to the fat for good. And to actually run a 5k race with out stopping for a walk break.

Those two things are keeping me going daily.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I want to feel sexy in a bikini before I turn 30. Kind of embarrassing, but there it is.
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    As part of the "older" generation, I applaud your efforts! Wish I had concentrated on losing 20 years ago. It gets harder as you age, so do it now. Good job to all of you!
  • litaita
    litaita Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Two things- I don't ever want to fly fat again. And I committed to healthy eating and exercise. So even if I don't lose another pound (unlikely), I still have to eat healthy and exercise.
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    All the guys make fun of me at work and my hubbs as well but on my phone I put pictures of girls I would like to look like (healthy and fit girls with little messages on them...like keep going you can do it and stuff like that). This way everytime I pick up my phone I see that and it reminds me why I'm doing this cause I one day want to look like that.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Did a mean girl call you fat?
    Yes. :sad:
    Are you trying to show up your boyfriend's ex?
    Replace boyfriend with girlfriend.......No comment >.>
    Are you trying to prove to yourself that you can do it and find out what your body is capable of?
    Yes!
    Are trying to fight off cardiovascular diseases, diabetes or other weight/fitness related issues?
    Had diabetes type II, super high blood pressure, high cholesterol. I was taking 6 different meds to control it all. It's all gone now. No more medications!
    Are you trying to age with grace?
    Meh...age is but a number.
    Are you trying to find confidence and banish insecurities?
    Every day.
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have multiple motivators. I am trying to maintain a healthy life style where I have energy, flexibility, stamina, and strength. I want to take care of my health to lead a long healthy life, control my bp episodes, and keep some family health issues away. Lastly, I want to see what my body can do and find confidence in how I look.
  • tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mid 40's and Single... need I say more?
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Mine started when my daughter looked at me and asked me why I was fat...well when you cannot explain that one you work to change it!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    All of you guys and girls keep me going -BAM!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My screen saver on my phone as well as my Computer that shows me at my lowest weight ^u^ Plus the physical changes I am seeing week to week and month to month especially in my face.Good luck everyone!!!
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just looking in the mirror LOL
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    The evil ex boss!! I sent her a "thank you" email just the other day! Its on my profile if you would like to read :)
  • askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wanting to be healthy and not develop type 2 diabetes when I am older like all of my older family members have. I also want to be thin for my engagement pictures and my wedding which is going to happen in the next few years. And to finally wear a two piece bathing suit at the beach like my friends would be nice. There is a laundry list of reasons. :)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i wanted to be super hot and awesome. before i was just awesome.

also my best friend has always been fit and sexy, i felt so schlumpy next to her at the beach with her damn flat abs.

now we both have flat abs!
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    To keep at the haters, hating.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    the mirror, beach and my daughter..
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I started because I want to be healthy. I have Type 2 diabetes (borderline), and high risk of breast cancer and heart disease. I want to stay healthy.

What keeps me going, though, is the fact that I actually FEEL healthier. My strength is increasing. My endurance is better. Overall, I just feel better. I like the way I feel now. I'm not going back to before.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    i have to admit that my strongest motivation is "me". At certain points you get tired of being sick and tired of being overweight and uncomfortable. Now, even though weight has come off somewhat slowly, what keeps me MOVING is when I am able to fit into things comfortably that were "too tight" and even fit into things that I couldn't fit into before :)
    Another motivation is the COMPLIMENTS--when I run into ppl who either see me every day or haven't seen me in a while and they are like, "wow, you're really losing weight" or "I can tell...". It's PRICELESS
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The following statement: "Skinny waits for no one."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!