Small NSV, but BIG for me!

Options
I just completed the month of October having NO carbonated beverages. As a Diet Coke fiend, this is a REALLY big deal for me! The break room where I work has a beverage cooler (like in the convenience stores) stocked with an assortment of FREE cans of pop in the break room - so temptation is always just down the hall. But I made it!

And now that the month is over, the cravings for it are long gone, as is the bloating, the puffiness, and the daily consumption of antacids for indigestion. I'm ready for the next challenge!

Replies

• kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! As someone with a Mountain Dew addiction I feel your pain and if I can follow in suite your excitement.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I would say that is a big NSV. Well done.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That's no small NSV! That rocks!! Great work, Girl! Thanks for sharing with us! :happy:
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    That is not a small, nsv, that is a big one! Congrats on making it!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    that's a great step forward. Congrats, that's not a small achievement.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    As a diet Coke addict myself, I am in awe of you.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well done, and that IS a biggie, you did good!!! :bigsmile:
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    That is great!!!! have you also noticed you get less/no acid reflux? this was the first thing i noticed.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I kicked the habit this month too but I don't think I have gone a full month.. My break room is stocked too so I understand what a huge NSV that is! Congrats!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    That's pretty cool, and it is the little NSV's which all add up

I would agree though, kicking coke is as hard as kicking coke, glad you got the monkey off your back
  • allnaday
    allnaday Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    this is big..........i'm on day 45, but who's counting. i still feel the urge now and again......
  • KitchenAbs
    Options
    Good work, that is a huge achievement! *gives gold star*
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congrats,that's a big nsv! I need to do this,on top of all the bloating etc.,it's getting expensive!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Can you send all that free pop from work that you aren't drinking my way??? Just kidding...sort of.

Good job! That is an impressive NSV!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! Now, if I could JUST get my hubby to cut back!! That is his source of caffiene so, I am at LEASt trying to get him to cut it back to none after 5pm
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE NSV! Congrats! I have known plenty of Diet Coke addicts and that is one hard habit to kick for sure.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI - from Dr. Oz and John Tesh - both of whom do the research for us, it is the bubbles, the carbonation that is addictive in sodas (as well as the caffeine). Something about exciting your feel good hormones. As someone who is allergic to caffeine I dropped my 2 liter a day of diet coke habit about 10 years ago but recently started drinking the caffeine free stuff again - last month my son asked me to just stop drinking it. It has been a challenge, but I am doing it.

Time to get our highs off NSV's and healthy living!
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Good job! Resisting FREE soda is a big deal; I know I couldn't do it right now. Unless it was diet Pepsi, because that stuff is gross. But Diet Dew...mmmmmmmmmm
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!