New Here

Options
Hi. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a Wife (of 25 years) and Mom to 8 sons. I love to read, cook, can food, and learning different handicrafts (sewing, crochet, and knitting). I have done weight watchers in the past but due to living a ways out of town, I decided to try out My Fitness Pal and see how it goes. I lost over 70 lbs on weight watchers but due to our recent move across the country, I have put on about 14 lbs. I do NOT want this trend to continue. I look forward to getting to know some new folks.

Replies

• lherz
    lherz Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi. Add me if you would like. I understand what you are saying about not wanting a trend to continue. I have gained 15 pounds in 3 years. Wow! 8 sons. Impressive. I have 2 sons and have been married for 19 years. Would love to help support you!
  • boysmom8
    Options
    Thanks. Our internet is sketchy at times so I cannot always get on but will try my hardest to keep up on the posts.
  • dayotte33
    dayotte33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome. ANYONE is more than welcome to add me but please read my profile first to make sure we're a good fit. Good luck with everything! I mean it!
  • yaymamabear
    Options
    Hi. My name's Sheree. Please feel free to add me. We can help encourage each other. I am also a mom (of 4). I was impressed when you said you have 8. Wow!! I'm trying to CHANGE a pattern for myself. I am a stress eater and this school year is VERY stressful for me. I'm down 18lbs since mid-September, but have plateaued a bit. I have a long way to go and would love to have some friends with whom to travel this sometimes-excrutiating road. LOL
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am also a mom but only one boy (he's a Marine and currently overseas). We've been married 23 years. I had a similar situation and gained 12 lbs last year when we moved....just down the coast but there was a lot of other stuff involved; a stay in a rental, then a stay in a hotel for 2 months while we finished building our house; our son went overseas during and our cat died....so I know what you mean about the change an wanting to nip it.

To date - I've lost 10 of the 12 lbs but wanted to take a couple more off as a "buffer". Friend me if you want....also today starts the November lose 5 lbs challenge...I joined. I found "challenges" help to lose the last little bit or help you get started....helps you work towards a goal and have accountability.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/784894-lose-5-pounds-in-november-challenge

Friend me if you like! :smile:
  • djoiner31
    Options
    8 kiddos?! You are super-mom! I have 2 girls that keep me busy.

Anyone can feel free to add me. :happy:
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    Im a mom of 5 sons, I get a lot of funny looks when we all go out, I bet you do too. Anyways you friend me if you want we all need as much support as we can get.