cant find??

Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Im trying to decide what to get for lunch. i was going to get a buff chick wrap but the office is ordering chinese. so i figured what ever has less calories i will get but I cant find the calories anywhere!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know or know where I can find them!! I want to get a pupu platter for one which usually comes with 1 egg roll, 2 crab ragoons, 1 beef teryaki, pink pork stuff, 1 fried shrimp, and 2 fried chicken wings. HELP

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Im trying to decide what to get for lunch. i was going to get a buff chick wrap but the office is ordering chinese. so i figured what ever has less calories i will get but I cant find the calories anywhere!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know or know where I can find them!! I want to get a pupu platter for one which usually comes with 1 egg roll, 2 crab ragoons, 1 beef teryaki, pink pork stuff, 1 fried shrimp, and 2 fried chicken wings. HELP

NOTE: I would like to clarify that I wont be eating ALLLL of this at one sitting.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    EVERY SINGLE ITEM ON THAT PLATE IS FRIED!!!!! DONT DO IT!!!!!!!! Steamed chicken/shrimp/tofu with veggies and sauce on the side.
  • EmilyStrick
    EmilyStrick Posts: 267

NOTE: I would like to clarify that I wont be eating ALLLL of this at one sitting.

the pupu platter sounds like a terrible decision! :wink: i don't eat a lot of chinese food anyway, but i would think that something like beef and broccoli (forgoing rice or noodles) would be a MUCH better choice. egg rolls are fried. crab rangoons are fried AND filled with cream cheese. fried shrimp and fried chicken wings, well, need i point out the obvious? the beef teryaki and "pink pork stuff" may be ok, but then the price of pupu ain't really worth it!!!!!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    I know lol ok. if my boss is paying for all of it..then ill get it if not then no. lol
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    I would go for some hot and sour soup, mmm. I fnd it really filling and so yummy! chicken and sweetcorn soup is quite low-cal too

Or if you want something more substantial, perhaps something like chicken with broccoli or pineapple and some steamed rice
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Oh and I have never heard of a pupu platter, but the name of it makes it sound gross if its pronounced how it's spelt! :P
    I guess it's chinese hor's douvres?

x
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Try looking it up at diet facts.com. Not sure if you will find it there, but you will find lots of other restaurant info.

141041.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Oompa_Loompa

k no chinese for me lol
  • cassandra1220
    I know lol ok. if my boss is paying for all of it..then ill get it if not then no. lol

You need to really look at this statement....I don't want to be rude (only supportive) but your missing the point. If your boss is paying why would you order a bunch of fried food? You have worked so hard and obviously wanted our opinion so I say no matter who picks up the tab, you can still make a healthy (and yummy) choice. There is no price tag on the feeling of acomplishment.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    EVERY SINGLE ITEM ON THAT PLATE IS FRIED!!!!! DONT DO IT!!!!!!!! Steamed chicken/shrimp/tofu with veggies and sauce on the side.

I second that. Don't do it.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Oh and I have never heard of a pupu platter, but the name of it makes it sound gross if its pronounced how it's spelt! :P
    I guess it's chinese hor's douvres?

x

It is delicious. Unfortunately the nutritional value is inversely proportionate to the delicious flavor.
  • cassandra1220
    I looked up all of the items that you listed individually with the exception of the "pink pork stuff" and it came to;

1173 calories, 69 grams fat, 50 grams carbohydrates, and 76 grams of protien....not including the condiments.

I don't mean to harp but sometimes we need to see it to believe it. This happened to me at a McDonalds. I went in thinking that I could find SOMETHING that was not going to kill my calorie goal and when I went in I asked to see a nutritional values sheet. Needless to say, I walked out of there within 2 minutes. It just wasn't worth it.
  • in case you come up against chinese food in the future... http://www.cspinet.org/nah/chinese.html. i don't know if everything's on this list but gives nutritional info on a bunch of options.
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    This is my disclaimer: I have no intent on hurting your feelings, so please don't think I'm blatantly being rude. I like to see it as being honest. :o)

You're on my friends list and I constantly see you post about being worred about weighing in. I also see you post about getting excited about a day that you made good food choices. Why not do it EVERYDAY, or heck even MOST DAYS, and then the scale won't be so terrifying. YOU are making losing weight harder than it is.

Fried food isn't going to make you look great in a bikini. Are you looking for short term gratification (the food) or the long term (results seen from making good decisions)?

Food is good. It's yummy and the worst choices always taste the best. The taste of victory is even sweeter.

I suggest making lunch next time. You could easily bring in a salad or a sandwich of sorts even.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    most Chinese resturants make a chinese chicken salad (cabbage carrots and chicken) which is faily low in cals add s bowl of hot and sour soup or egg drop soup and you will be ok (drink extra water to account for the sodium :smile:

2 cups salad about 150 to 200cals
    1 bowl egg drop soup about 100 cals
    see under 300 cals (you can have your Chinese and eat it to) :bigsmile:
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    This is my disclaimer: I have no intent on hurting your feelings, so please don't think I'm blatantly being rude. I like to see it as being honest. :o)

You're on my friends list and I constantly see you post about being worred about weighing in. I also see you post about getting excited about a day that you made good food choices. Why not do it EVERYDAY, or heck even MOST DAYS, and then the scale won't be so terrifying. YOU are making losing weight harder than it is.

Fried food isn't going to make you look great in a bikini. Are you looking for short term gratification (the food) or the long term (results seen from making good decisions)?

Food is good. It's yummy and the worst choices always taste the best. The taste of victory is even sweeter.

I suggest making lunch next time. You could easily bring in a salad or a sandwich of sorts even.

Good advice. I hope my friends keep me accountable, regardless of whether it hurts my feelings or not.
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Chinese food, in general, is super high in sodium. If you are craving Chinese, invest in a wok and search (it will be a search) for low sodium sauces. Then make your own stir fry. You will find that the rice has the most calories in a good stir fry.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    You should say NO to chinese food! It usually contains MSGs and is high in sodium. Most everything is fried or cooked in heavy sauce.
This discussion has been closed.