Best at home workouts?

Options
I am wanting to start working out at home until the beginning of the year. What are the best workout DVD's that are not extremely intense. I want to slowly get into a workout regimen and then increase my intensity. I have heard of 3DS and Insanity but I think they will be a little too intense when I haven't worked out in a long time.

Replies

• KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Doing Jillian Michaels beginner DVD two programs front/back side. I had not worked out in a long time so I wanted to work up to it . It's only been a week but I like it will probably do it for 30 days then move on to her 30 day shred. Good luck!
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    Also i have been trying YouTube off my Xbox360 i am subscribed to fitness blender and they have some really nice workouts on there i have been loving it (:
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone DVD's. They are effective. Good Luck to you!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Tony Horton 10 minute trainer videos are a great place to start then as you get more fit you can move on to P90X. P90X is the best home DVD program I have ever done.
  • Punkin7411
    Punkin7411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    After quitting my local gym out of boredom, I turned to my Beachbody coach sister-in-law and had many discussions with her. I borrowed her Turbo Jam and have loved it. I'm working my way out of it so I have just ordered Turbo Jam Fat Burning Elite and look forward to starting that. I have also borrowed her Turbo Fire (Turbo Jam's big sister) and have done a couple of those cardio workouts and love it too, so it will be my next purchase. I, too, needed to start out at my own level. I had some muscles from going the gym sporadically but not enough to jump into Insanity; I'd have hurt myself at over 200 lbs and 55 yrs young! I am loving my progress and doing very well. You do have to push yourself with the intensity but it is SO worth it!! It's the only way to keep challenging your body to change! Best of luck and have fun!!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love the old Tony Horton Power 90 workouts. Not as crazy as p90x. Right now I am hooked on Zumba. It makes me so happy and smashes a ton of calories.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    For myself, I love the biggest loser workout for Xbox with Kinects. It corrects your form and tells you to "squat lower", move faster or whatnot...so it's PERFECT for me...it has so many different levels so you can work your way up slowly....
  • I started Shred six months after my baby was born by emergency Caesar; it had been a long recovery and my body was wrecked at that point. I also had zero energy because of the constantly waking baby.

Shred KILLED me but I kept at it (am determined) and within ten days I was noticeably slimmer, with definition in my arms and legs. It really is that much of a miracle worker.

I'd say go for Shred. There are modified versions of most of the exercises. And who cares if you "only" stay on Level one for a few months? It will change your body immeasureably and you wil feel so proud of yourself. It's only 20 minutes- you can do it.
  • MoeJay
    Options
    Slim-in-six! It's an older set I've had for about 9 yrs but its always my go to, I love it and it works well and not too intense.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I second Leslie Sansone DVDs. Very effective! that's basically all the exercise I've been doing. Sometimes I go to the gym and lift weights, sometimes I walk on the treadmill, sometimes I walk outside, but mostly I walk indoors to my Leslie Sansone DVD. I have her 5 mile Fat Burner DVD. the miles are very fast, 12 minutes each, but it's fun and relatively easy to keep up with. If that is too fast she has slower DVDs as well.