wow almond milk is actually good

Options
13»

Replies

• BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I make my own and its AWESOME! I used commercial almond milk for years in my cereal and shakes and stuff but didn't really like it straight. And sometimes its nice to have a glass of milk with certain things. I started making my own a month ago. Its really easy, tastes soooo good I can drink it straight, is always fresh and gives me almond flour to use for pancakes, muffins, cookies, etc, which is great because I can't eat many carbs due to a health issue. The almond flour is an excellent substitute for regular flour. My only issue with it is I can't log it because I can't find anything, anywhere that gives an accurate nutritional breakdown. Everything I find is either for commercial almond milk, which I think is probably lower in fat and calories, or for unstrained, homemade almond milk, which is higher in fat, calories and fiber because it still has the almond meal in it, which I don't like. Milk should not be pulpy!
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond Almond/Coconut Milk is even better.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I make my iced mochas with Blue Diamond Almond-Coconut milk. Make it even tastier. Kind of like a Mounds bar.
  • milkyskinn
    milkyskinn Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's become one of my greatest discoveries this year! I tried plain soy milk before trying almond and h a t e d it! So at first I was scared it was going to be just as bad, but now I love it more than cow's milk! I stopped using it ever since :)
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    it's amazeballs!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my tastebuds must be broken because I LOVE almond milk but I don't get an "almond" flavor. I just get a nice creamy drink that I use for anything where I would have used milk.

It is a little sweeter but that is okay when making mashed not potatoes (cauliflower) because I'm not using butter either.

I had found So Delicious brand Vanilla Almond Milk PLUS which adds 5 grams of protein per cup, but I haven't been able to find it in any of the stores I shop in for over a month now. (Weis, Giant & WalMart)... although, truth be told I only ever saw it at WalMart and as much as I hate that store I was making a special trip there for my my "milk".
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I can't live without Unsweetended Almond Milk. I drink about a gallon a week.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I have been using the unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk for a couple of years. I love it. I can't tolerate milk so this is a great substitute. I have never seen the type with coconut in it but will look around. It makes my green monsters taste wonderful!
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Yeah almond milk is yummy, but my only beef with it is that it contains very little protein, only something like 1 gram per cup. When I add milk to things, I do it with the expectation that I'm adding protein content. Without that, it feels like I'm just adding a sugary, white liquid to things.

That's why I stick to soymilk~
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk!! I think it tastes closer to cow's milk as far as drinking, especially the vanilla unsweetened kind. Yumm!!!
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    LOVE almond milk :p I use it in my meal shakes, coffee, and with sweets. I recommend the half coconut milk blend if you like that flavor, it's super creamy and only 60 cal serving.

ohhh yum that sounds amazing.. gonna buy some next time i hit up the store. i actually like almond milk way more than i liked regular milk back when i could tolerate it... i have an intolerance to lactose

have you had the vanilla almond milk? if so, any good? im just using plain (unsweetened) now

I just started buying Silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It has 30 calories in a cup and 2.5 grams of fat. The first sip made me cringe a little but I started adding sweetener to it and now I love it. I'm on my second carton. At the same price as regular milk, ($4.00 for 2 litres) I think I'm a convert.