Does anyone use the walking poles?

Options
I am interested in using walking poles. Has anyone used them and if so could you tell me how they are benefiting you?

Thank you and Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Robin:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I have only used them on a mountain trek and it certainly helped with fatigue and footing issues. To me they would be a hinderance in everyday exercise, but guess you get a lot more arm motion which would burn some more calories.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I use them while walking throw the woods for footing issues and to knock back brush - other than that it sits on the porch. It is a personal preference as with many things. :flowerforyou:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I read a recent study that showed you burn 50 cal more per hour using them. They will help activate core muscles. I occasionally use my snowshoeing poles when hiking in the snow.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I read a recent study that showed you burn 50 cal more per hour using them. They will help activate core muscles. I occasionally use my snowshoeing poles when hiking in the snow.

I just might have to take mine with me more often this spring... :bigsmile:
  • iamrobin
    iamrobin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you for your reply. good information :)
  • iamrobin
    Options
    gotcha. good information. thank you. also, great job on your weight loss journey. GO GET 'EM!!!
  • iamrobin
    Options
    i think i need to get them. great information. thank you :)