2 small victories in one morning!

Options
For WEEKS I have been saying I want to start getting up early and going to the gym and then I always hit snooze until it's time for work. Well yesterday, my coworker made a bet with me because she had been in the same situation as I. We made a bet that if I went and she didn't she owed me $5 bucks and vice versa. Well... WE BOTH WENT! So it's a wash, but the victory is better than any $5 I can think of :-)

1st victory - Woke up at 5:45am and was at the gym by 6:00am! ON A FRIDAY! No more of that "I'll start on Monday" BS
2nd victory - Did 40 minutes on the elliptical (instead of my usual 30) and did the interval setting! I burned 520 calories before my day even really started :-)

All in all I am feeling GREAT this morning and the day can only get better :-)

Ill take any victory I can get this early in the game :-)

Replies

• EmilyStrick
    EmilyStrick Posts: 267
    Options
    those are HUGE victories!!! way to go!
  • FrugalistaFerrari
    Options
    I think that is awesome! Good for you. I was just thinking how grateful I am that I have a friend to work out with when I need it. I wasn't going to go this morning and one of my friends sent a text to join her at body combat. I decided to go and burned 1000 cals in an hour! I am so glad I went otherwise i would have had regrets. Go Friday!
  • dfly22000
    dfly22000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm an early riser and also hit the gym around 6am. Sometimes it is soooooo hard to get going in the morning. But I also have a workout partner, who really helps keep me motivated. Your idea sounds great, I might have to start doing that with my workout partner so that we stay motivated.
  • carp68
    carp68 Posts: 42
    Options
    Yay for you! That's terrific! Getting going is one of the hardest things to do. Nicely done!
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Great job!!:flowerforyou: Hope the rest of your day and your weekend is awesome!!!:drinker:
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I only wish I could do that.... was thinking about that all day yesterday and still didnt do it.
    Of course I have a 5 month old that gets me up 2-3 times a night, so that isnt helping.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Congrats, keep it up!!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    This is fantastic! *High Five* Fabulous motivation for days to come!
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Agreed. :) Great job! Thanks for posting. As I type this, I'm nicely planted on my couch.....:laugh: deciding what workout to do today! Enjoy your weekend, (and thank your friend for helping motivate you too!) :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!