oatmeal exposed!

Options
it's cardboard. seriously. i just know this is some sort of nefarious "green" plot to recycle cardboard by pretending that it's edible. it's not. i force myself to eat a bowl every couple of days, but let's be real... it's cardboard. seriously. no matter what you add to it, it's still cardboard. feels like cardboard. smells like cardboard. tastes like cardboard. if somebody asks me what i had for breakfast today, i'm going to tell them - cardboard! that is all.

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    it's cardboard. seriously. i just know this is some sort of nefarious "green" plot to recycle cardboard by pretending that it's edible. it's not. i force myself top eat a bowl every couple of days, but let's be real... it's cardboard. seriously. no matter what you add to it, it's still cardboard. feels like cardboard. smells like cardboard. tastes like cardboard. if somebody asks me what i had for breakfast today, i'm going to tell them - cardboard! that is all.
    Cardboard has been shown to lower your cholesterol... :)
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    Apparently I like the taste of cardboard (shrugs) to each their own.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I add 3 teaspoons of sugar to mine and a bunch of fruits which makes me a very happy camper and I enjoy it a lot.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

you wanna know how i know we're not in the Matrix? because in the Matrix, oatmeal would taste like chicken. that would be better.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal with PB and blueberries & banana in it though. I can't eat it totally plain.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I only like it if it's baked. Mushy oatmeal is disgusting! i don't care what you put in it.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

you wanna know how i know we're not in the Matrix? because in the Matrix, oatmeal would taste like chicken. that would be better.

:laugh:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Cool, there are certain foods that I don't like as well. Small world.
  • danae16
    danae16 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I add a tsp of brown sugar and blueberries to it before microwaving it (i make mine each morning from the real oatmeal not the instant). The berries eventually burst and the whole thing is blueberry flavored. I like it. I think each person has different tastes though. If you don't like it - find a healthy alternative that you do like. No sense making yourself choke something down all the time!
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I feel the same about plain cheerios, or any kind of cereal rhat comes with marshmellows (the actual alphas in the aphabits cereal) that doesn't have frosting..Seriously, cardboard..Plain oatmeal I think at least has a less-cardboard-y texture, and I'll add some fruit in it to spice it up, but I never thinK, "Oatmeal? that sounds AWESOME!!"
  • Anaconda62
    Options
    I have this theory about Ramen Noodles. I seriously think they are made of cardboard. How else can they sell them that cheap? It cannot be food. Of course, that's what I think about most fast food too.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, then don't eat it.

Why do people think that they have to eat foods that they don't like to be healthy?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmm tasty cardboard
  • V15FLHXS
    V15FLHXS Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tune-na-fish - 'Mouse' in the Matrix ;-)
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Now you've gone and done it!!! When you go to bed tonight you better take a bat with you because you are going to be visited by "The Quaker". You have exposed one of the conspiracies. You must be brought back under submission......

I love oatmeal with cinnomin, raisons and bananas, sometimes I add chocolate Peanut butter it it....Tell "THE QUAKER" I said that ok..:laugh:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I have this theory about Ramen Noodles. I seriously think they are made of cardboard. How else can they sell them that cheap? It cannot be food. Of course, that's what I think about most fast food too.
    Hmm...I've thought this too, but I think they add melamine to get the protein count up.
    So, cardboard, melamine and salt.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

shhhhhhh! ...Big Pasta sees and hears all.
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing about Baked Oatmeal. How do you all prepare it? What makes it better than oatmeal cooked on top of the stove?
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    it's cardboard. seriously. i just know this is some sort of nefarious "green" plot to recycle cardboard by pretending that it's edible. it's not. i force myself to eat a bowl every couple of days, but let's be real... it's cardboard. seriously. no matter what you add to it, it's still cardboard. feels like cardboard. smells like cardboard. tastes like cardboard. if somebody asks me what i had for breakfast today, i'm going to tell them - cardboard! that is all.

Some ppl LIKE oatmeal. And OATMEAL is a lot healthier than sugary crap most ppl eat for breakfast. I enjoy NOT being overweight so I'll continue to eat it.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Cool, there are certain foods that I don't like as well. Small world.

:laugh: