Wedding Dress comparison - trying on vs. day of

Options
MacSkillz
MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
I just got married on October 13th and I LOVE my dress. I seriously wish I could wear it all day, every day. (Of course I would wash it frequently haha) Today I found a picture my dad had taken of me when I first tried it on back in February. I compared it to the pictures of my wedding, I was AMAZED at the difference. I'll explain the situations first and then I'll post the picture. You really need to see them next to each other to get the full effect.

When I first tried on my dress, it was February 3rd and I had weighed in at 242.3 that morning. At that point, that was my lowest weigh-in yet and I was so happy! I felt great and was very excited to go shopping for my wedding dress. The picture from that day will be the one on the left. Don't mind the stupid face I'm making - I was in the middle of talking when my dad snapped the picture.

Fast-forward to October 13th. On the morning of my wedding, I weighed in at 227.6. That's a 14.7 lbs difference from February, and 47.4 lbs overall. I could have lost more weight during that time, but I've been making sure to at weight training to build muscle so this could account for the slower loss on top of my bumps in the road where I lost focus. But, it was my wedding day and of course I felt like a million bucks! It wasn't my lowest weigh-in at the time, but it was close. I felt great and the day was amazing!

Now, I'm not a full success story yet - I still want to lose about 75 more lbs - but I think the difference is amazing and I wanted to share this with everyone. It hasn't been an easy ride, but after looking at this... every little struggle that I've had has all been worth it in the end.

And now, the part you've all been waiting for: the picture:

wedding_dress_comparison.jpg

Now that the wedding is done, my husband and I have found a new way to keep me motivated to keep going with my weight loss. We would like to go to Scotland for a delayed honeymoon/1 year anniversary trip. We made a pact that we cannot start booking anything until I've reached 190 lbs and he's brought down his body fat percentage by at least 2.5%. My hope is to be at that weight by the end of February/middle of March. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
With that, I hope you all have a great day! :drinker:
-Lesley

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Good god, woman! That is one hell of a difference! You're absolutely gorgeous and your hard work is paying off! I'm so incredibly proud of you. <3 youuuu!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    great job girly! I know how hard you have worked!
  • Kitkat_58
    Kitkat_58 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I just got married Oct 13th too!! :D
    Photo of my dress is my profile pic
    <----
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Woah! You look amazing!!
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    What a gorgeous dress! I'd want to wear it often, too.
    The difference is incredible. You look beautiful to the max.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! you have done so well and must be so thrilled! YOU LOOK GREAT!
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Very inspiring, you look fantastic!!!
    I'm hoping for a very similar result myself - getting married in May.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    you look great! very beautiful. congrats and keep up the great work!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Did you have it Tucked in? cause you can see the difference in your waist clearly. Great job! And good luck with the rest of it.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Wow,you look amazing! You can see a HUGE difference!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference. Your uppper body looks more toned and you look great!
  • charmander89
    charmander89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So pretty! Great job :)
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dress, beautiful bride!
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    Stunning, beautiful! What a great motivator and you will Rock that honeymoon ! Wrap your arms around that darling hubby of yours and bless you both!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much everyone! I really appreciate all of your kind words.

Did you have it Tucked in? cause you can see the difference in your waist clearly. Great job! And good luck with the rest of it.

Nothing tucked in! haha. No corset - Just a bra and regular underwear!

I just got married Oct 13th too!! :D
    Photo of my dress is my profile pic
    <----

Congrats Jersey3025!! :smile:
  • anniejp
    Options
    It looks like 2 different people!! Well done!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    That's a big difference. Your waist came in and your arms got smaller. Good job.
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your wedding and your loss... you look great!

I also got married that weekend, but Oct 14 :) I had to have $200 in boning alterations done to mine because I lost most of my weight from my top (15 lbs) and i couldn't fill out the dress anymore. Talk about a great (but expensive) NSV :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!