Undergrad psychology student requires participants

Options
Hi everyone,

If you have any spare time please help me with my psychology research regarding introversion and extroversion. It would help me out a great deal and has some very thought-provoking questions.

It will be greatly appreciated anyone who helps out.
If you're interested please paste this link into your web browser to be directed to the questionnaire:
http://www.eSurveysPro.com/Survey.aspx?id=8e959e59-683b-48cf-a1db-e01bbcc35ff4

Many thanks,
Sarah

Replies

• dalildevil
    dalildevil Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I'll do it tonight if I remember haha
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Do I get paid?
    :tongue:
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I was a Psych major too! I'll help out I know how tough it is to find people!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Will do. I majored in psychology and am happy to help. Not to be nosy but I just want to ad that I hope you plan on going on in the field right away! I wish I had and am considering trying to return to school for a masters :)
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    On it!
  • madeofcake
    Options
    Hi there!

I did a grad certificate in survey research - let me see if I can help you out a little :P

First, I'm assuming you're doing something with the MBTI or Kiersey Temperment sorter. If you are, there are several well-known measurements with a lot fewer questions. I *wanted* to help you out, I remember how hard this was, but even I'm not going through 213 questions. Since you'll likely find really high correlations, asking more than seven variations on the same thing is likely counterproductive.

To improve completion rates:

- Make the first sentence about the study - usually not a need to identify yourself in the beginning.
    - REDUCE the number of questions. You should be able to get statistically reliable results for this in about 50 questions or less, depending on your number of variables. Usually for everything you want to measure there's something in the literature for it already, so use it! Unless the assignment was to write your own, of course.
    - Collect demographic information at the end of the survey
    - If there are a lot of questions, divvy them up into pages and give people a progress bar. I think SurveyMonkey still offers free accounts.

Anyway, good luck! I hope you get what you need.
  • krawl78
    krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Questions 13 & 14 are the same. I didn't realize there were over 200 questions when I started!!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I tried to do it, got through the whole thing, and then it said I hadn't answered all of the questions...almost all of my answers were erased. I 'x'd out of the screen; sorry! But I am just not answering over 200 questions again.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I took the whole thing, then it told me almost all of the questions were unanswered! Maybe try to make sure there are no glitches next time.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it was just a fluke by I did the survey and said next and it told me I had missed some questions. When I went back over half my answers had gone missing
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Something went south on the survey. It asked question 13 twice and when I got to the end, I got an error that I missed a question. When I went back, everything after question 13 had the answer erased.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I am guessing the glitch is part of the project to see how many Quit and how many go back and answer the questions again.

I saw that 13 and 14 were the same questions however, when I got the initial error and looked for the first wrong question I realized the that 13 and 14 were now different.

I then hit the back button to verify that in fact I did select all of the so called missed questions...I then selected Quit.
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any difficulties finishing the survey so I hope that you were able to fix whatever glitch everyone was talking about. I had to laugh at the question about pretending to live on a deserted Island all alone. After the morning I had with my 3 yr old, I've been imagining that all day! Hope my info helps!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    You should have added a question "Did you only complete this survey because when you originally clicked on it you made a promise to yourself that you would do this for a fellow MFP, even though it was so long?"

Yes. Yes, I did. Hope my info was as helpful as it was confusing.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I'll do it, if you also fill in this one for my colleaugue

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Nightmares
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Done, no problems.