Turbo Fire/Jam while pregnant

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I want to get back into exercising again. I took a break during the first trimester due to nausea and fatigue, but I am not liking the scale right now (20 pounds in about 20 weeks). Anyway, before I got pregnant, I was running, doing Turbo Jam, and Turbo Fire (my own sort of hybrid). I like those programs, so I would like to go ahead and pick up with them again now. I know I should stay away from the HIITs. Any other suggestions or schedules? I want something more than just prenatal yoga (don't like yoga). I want cardio and some strength (willing to use bands now).

Replies

• Amy_B
    Options
    bump
  • jessicaw41
    jessicaw41 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a personal trainer, and I have both trained pregnant clients and been pregnant myself. You can do ANYTHING your body says you can do. As long as you're listening to your body do whatever you feel like doing! I ran, did zumba, lifted weights, kickboxed... I even taught zumba! so go for it sister! unless your doc says to stay away from things. With weights, you can lift more than 10 pounds if you want, but go for like 15-20 reps. Whatever weight you can comfortably do that with should be a good weight for you.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I'm going to pick it back up tonight.
  • mary_kate23
    Options
    i would ask your doctor first. keeping active and healthy during a pregnancy is great, but if you're getting back into it after a few months off, that's a different story. I would definitely ask your doc - and if he gives the OK - i say go for it! Just always keep an eye on your heart rate... a very elevated heart rate for a longer period of time (i.e... more than 10-15 minutes or so) can compromise blood flow to the fetus, because the blood is shunted to other organs of the body to keep them functioning while the body is under stress. And it's easy for a heart rate to become elevated in exercise after a few months off - so that's why I'd recommend easing back in :)