Pregnancy 2010 - Week 9

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a)wanting to drop some weight before TTC
b) TTC
c) Pregnant

Wednesdays are our days to weigh in, and we have started having weekly challenges.

The challenge for this week is.... Work our your "problem areas" every other day this week!

Welcome! The more the merrier!

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    SW: 163
    CW: 157
    Lost 1.5lbs today. :-( I think it's from dehydration, I haven't even been excercising ... unless it's from my appettite being different since I'm not quite eating as much.

my tummy's grown .75" :-D
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Angela - Thanks for starting the thread, and I like the challenge.

I am unchanged since last week, but I am hoping that is due to it being my TOM. I decided I am finally going to take measurements tonight, as I feel like my pants are getting looser, but I am not seeing the results on the scale. Maybe the tape measure will prove I am making a difference.

I have also started the 200 sit up, 100 push up, 200 squat challenges. These seem to be really good, and I am feeling the burn. It is something nice that I can do at home, as I don't feel comfortable going to the gym right now. It is starting to get nicer out, so I am really hoping I can start getting outside.
  • kerilorene
    kerilorene Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I posted to the previous thread and then saw the link here. Can I join your group? I promise I will have a picture up today. I just can't do that from work.

I am 6 weeks pregnant, 40 years old, 182 pounds. I confess I think I have picked up those last two pounds in the last couple of weeks. I am already about 25-30 pounds overweight so I really need to watch it - I don't want to turn into the Goodyear Blimp while making baby.

I love this site and would enjoy being a part of your group. :flowerforyou:
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm 140 lbs. no change from last week. I change my calorie goal to Maintenance , since I'm pregnant and felt like I was starving with just 1200 calories a day. Are you guys doing the same?
  • kerilorene
    Options
    I'm 140 lbs. no change from last week. I change my calorie goal to Maintenance , since I'm pregnant and felt like I was starving with just 1200 calories a day. Are you guys doing the same?

How did you do that? I created an exercise called "Pregnancy Calorie Adjustment" to add more available calories and bring it to 1800 but I am really curious how you change to maintenance.
  • Vinbelle
    Vinbelle Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey I just found this on here and was wondering if I could join your group. I am not pregnant yet....we are planning on TTC sometime in May. Last Feb. we found out that we were pregnant and ended up with a M/C. At one point in time during that pregnancy when I went to the DR. I was 286.5 lbs!! My heighest ever.....I am now down to 240. I am trying to get down below 200 before we start trying. Hope everyone is doing well and my goal for this week is to get down to 238 and be able to do an incline of 14 on the treadmill for 10 minutes.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Welcome to our new comers!

Kerilorene - If you go to your settings and then to "update diet/fitness profile" that's where you can change to maintain, etc.

Yessie75 - I talked to my doc about calories and she recommended I go to maintain status as well ... however I'm still losing. :-( I haven't been counting my calories because my appetite is so funky that I just want to get whatever I can eat in and not worry about going over. However, now I wonder if I'm not meeting ... hmm. I may start keeping track again, but am hoping that soon I won't feel as sick and will be able to eat a better variety and more healthy.

Oh and exciting news! Ultrasound #2 is tonight at 5pm. YAY!
  • yessie75
    Options
    go to My Home, then settings, update diet/fitness profile. scroll down to "what is my goal?" , I chose maintain my current weigh and it aduslted te calories :)
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    k
  • kerilorene
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help on changing my calorie count. It put me at 1880 which is good plus I will probably end up being under becuase of all the excercise calories I get. I just love this site! It is so cool!:smile:
  • kerilorene
    Options
    My first ultrasound is not until the 18th. I hate waiting! But hopefully by that time we will be able to see something substantial. I can't wait!
  • yessie75
    Options
    okay, thank god is Friday!! I have my first OB appointment on the 11th.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help on changing my calorie count. It put me at 1880 which is good plus I will probably end up being under becuase of all the excercise calories I get. I just love this site! It is so cool!:smile:

Just an FYI it's recommended that you eat your exercise calories, in fact, when you log exercise it automatically adds calories to your amount your allowed for the day.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    okay, thank god is Friday!! I have my first OB appointment on the 11th.

WOW! You're first appt was much later than mine! I had mine at 8 weeks and the baby just looked like a little blob! haha, I had my second OB appt yesterday at a little over 11 weeks and it looks like a little baby! Moving and touching it's face, etc. It's so precious! You're going to have a blast!
  • yessie75
    Options
    I know it's kind of late for my first appointment, but I had some trouble with scheduling. Also, since this is my third baby, I knew you don't get to do much on that first appointment. But, I can't wait to hear the heartbeat!!! I'm not sure I will get an ultrasound on that day, though. We'll see.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I'm sure they'll do an ultrasound! They usually do to make sure the heart beat is strong, this was the ultrasound where they make sure the baby is healthy and do all the measurements and you're only a week and a half behind me. I didn't get to hear the heartbeat though :-( they only did the ultrasound and let me see it and then the measured how quickly the heart was beating. Still exciting, but I would love to hear it!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Holey Caribou!!!!

I treated myself to Caribou this morning. I got a medium hot chocolate. Then I came to work, and put it into my diary for the day...............630 Calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:noway:

Guess it is leafy greans for the rest of the day. I couldn't believe it. A drink with 630 calories! Talk about a great slap in the face. Guess I wont be doing that again!!

Hope you all had a great weekend.
  • kerilorene
    Options
    This is my 7th week of pregnancy. I am so unbelievably tired. I even look it. Tired and cranky and Questioning the sanity of getting pregnant at age 40. I have heard its much harder and so far I am so beat its crazy.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm here I'm here I'm here!
    Angela - time for a new belly pic lady!

Hopeful....where are you????
  • yessie75
    Options
    I hear you about being soooo tired. I'm turning 35 in April, and really feel exhausted. My youngest will be three this June, and I don't remember being so tired all the time. My sister had a baby last year (when she turned 35), and she told me I'm really going to feel it this time. I'm hoping next trimester and Spring will bring me some energy :)