chiken breast recipes?

Options
jessica0danielle
jessica0danielle Posts: 70 Member
i love chicken breast (only boneless skinless) but i need some different recipes..

Replies

• lindsiswatchingyou
    lindsiswatchingyou Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Crock Pot- with either 1 jar of salsa for tacos or Franks hot sauce for a 'buffalo' chicken

Pound out the chicken breasts and roll them around a small amount of goat cheese and spinach and bake

Make baked chicken strips in the oven using a light coating of bread crumbs- finish with broil to make them crispy

Wild rice, cubed/boiled or baked chicken breast, water chestnuts, chicken broth and bake for an easy casserole
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jekissa729
    Options
    I like to put Grill Mates barbecue seasoning on the chicken breast tenders. You can broil chicken breast tenders 5 min on one side, 3 min on the other side. Then you can switch up to a different seasoning to make different types of chicken.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    lightly** Coat a glass dish with pizza suace on bottomm, cut chicken breast thinly, place them in dish. Cover lightly** with pizza suace, shredded mozzerella, sprinkle oregano, garlic salt, cook at 450 for 15-20 minutes. And wala. I think it's pretty easy and tasty.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I pound them until they're pretty thin, then stuff (well, roll the chicken around the filling) each of them with a .5 oz of herb & garlic goat cheese, a few sliced grape tomatoes, and fresh basil, then bake them in the oven.
  • Rita_Rocker
    Rita_Rocker Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Honey Pineapple Chicken
    (I got the recipe a while back from Cooking Light Magazine)
    Mix in bowl: 1/4 c. honey, 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard, 1 tsp Thyme
    Brush onto 6 boneless chicken breasts. Put in baking dish.
    Open a 20 oz. can of pineapple slices. Arrange pineapple slices on top
    of chicken. Pour juice around chicken. Cover and bake at 400 F for 30 min.
    or until done. Lowfat, 5 min. prep time and yummy! I like a little more honey
    and a little less Thyme than recipe calls for, but either way. Rita
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    There are tons of great chicken recipes on www.skinnytaste.com

My favorite is

1lb cooked chicken, chopped
    1 large stalk celery
    20 grapes
    1T light mayo
    2T fat free greek yogurt
    1/2t salt
    pepper to taste

Mix this all up and chill. You have 4 servings at 171 cal, 6g carbs, 4g fat, 26g protein. You can also add some chopped pecans for a bit more cals and fat.

I eat this almost every day for lunch and it fills me up.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Cut in half, then stuff with garlic and herb cheese spread (laughing cow, alouette, whatever), minced garlic, salt, herbs (all to taste). Season outside of chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dip them in bread crumbs (I like italian) and bake.
  • Bigstupid
    Bigstupid Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This isn't exactly for the fitness minded but wow, is it good.

6 Chicken Breasts, Boned, Skinned (not the cutlets)
    2 t. Garlic Salt
    2 t. Onion Salt
    2 t. Oregano
    2 Dashes of Pepper
    2 t. Vinegar
    12 slices of Bacon
    8 oz of Mozzarella Cheese or Monterey Jack
    1/2 Cup White Wine or Sherry
    4 t. Olive Oil

Place chicken between wax paper and pound the hell out of it until it's flat.
    Spread the chicken out on a large cutting board or flat clean area.
    Mix together the spices in a small bowl.
    Mix together the liquid ingredients in a small bowl.
    Sprinkle 2/3s of the spices over the laid out chicken
    Cut Cheese into strips. Portion them onto each breast (of chicken).
    Roll the chicken up and then take two pieces of bacon and wrap the chicken up like a hot cross bun.
    Place the rolled up chicken in a greased baking dish.
    When they are all wrapped up pour the liquid mix over the top. Hitting each one.
    Sprinkle the remaining spices over the top.
    Take a sheet of aluminum foil and cover the dish.
    Bake it for 40 - 45 minutes at 375 degrees.

If you try it, let me know what you think.
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Whatever You Got Bagged Chicken

Defrost (if frozen) 3-4 chicken breast
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees
    Create a pouch with tin foil (google this, it's pretty simple)
    Chop up whatever veggies you have. I like mushrooms, onions, asparagus, cloves of garlic and bell peppers.
    Season chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper (or whatever you want really)
    Toss veggie mixture in 1-2 tablespoons olive oil (or vegetable oil, are you catching my drift with the whole whatever theme?)
    Season veggies however you'd like. I usually do garlic powder, chili powder, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon
    Place your beautiful pouch onto a cookie sheet
    Put all of your veggies in first, creating a bed for the chicken
    Put that chicken to bed
    Bake for 25-35 minutes (one episode of Futurama should do it)
    Enjoy that tasty chicken cause it's Wednesday, and you deserve it.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Green Chicken:

coat breasts in multiple green herbs of your choosing (sage, thyme, basil, parsley, ETC)
    Bake at 350 until 3/4 or so done..
    While baking, toss some onions and green bell peppers into a frying pan (no oil or butter necessary, but you can if you want... You can also toss mushrooms in) Apply heat for just long enough to knock the raw off.
    Let veggies sit until the chicken catches up. Bury chicken under a pile of the now not as raw veggies until you can't see the chicken.
    Place a serving of White American on top of the whole mess. (Or white cheddar, or Monterey Jack, or even Havarti if you really really want) Shove back in oven until chicken is done.
    Serve over brown rice.

I'm specifically not saying how long to cook chicken for, I find that the time varies based on oven type, location, and size of chicken breast, AND some people like their chicken super super super super done done, and others are like "OOh.. temperature, done, no more heat" So, that's up to you guys!
  • JGarmon24K
    Options
    OMG Chicken (the name says it all)

1c sour cream (can use light or fat free or can substitue greek yogurt, or mayo)
    1c shredded parmesan cheese (not the powder kind used on pizza and spaghetti, but REAL shredded parmesan)
    1/2c italian bread crumbs
    salt
    pepper

Put chicken on baking sheet, lined with foil (for easier clean up), salt and pepper chicken to taste (may use any other seasoning, although it is not necessary) , mix sour cream and cheese in a bowl and apply a thin layer to the top of each chicken breast and finish by topping each breast with a thin coating of bread crumbs. Bake on 350 until done (depends on the thickness of breast...thin breast about 20 minutes, thick breasts about 30 minutes)

This chicken is so flavorful and juicy!! Even my picky, non sour cream eating girls LOVE this recipe. I'm not a big fan of parmesan cheese but I LOVE THIS CHICKEN...it is a must try! NOTE: I got this recipe from Pintrest and others suggested the use of mayo or yogurt in place of the sour cream. And like I said earlier, even my NON SOUR CREAM eating children LOVED it!
  • ilceh
    ilceh Posts: 4
    Options
    Different Stuffed Peppers

4 Large bell peppers (red or yellow are sweeter)
    2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed in small pieces
    1/2 c chopped onion
    1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
    1 cup squash, zuchini or yellow cubed small pieces
    1 TBSP olive oil
    1 cup diced tomato
    1/4 cup Parmesean cheese
    Black Pepper to taste
    I don't salt but add 1/2 tsp if you must

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray glass baking dish (large enough to fit all peppers without touching sides or each other) with non-stick spray. Wash, dry peppers, cut off tops, remove seeds and ribs. Heat olive oil over medium heat in non-stick saute pan. Add onion, seasoning, squash and tomato and salt if desired, for 2-3 min stirring frequently. Turn off heat. Add chicken and parmesean cheese. Toss lightly till all mixed. Fill peppers with mixture, Don't crowd them. Sprinkle tops with black pepper and a little extra parmesean. Bake about 40 min. Have one tonight, freeze the others individually in plastic wrap for easy reheat and eat later. Do your own math but I calculate these to be about 200 calories each.
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love Cooking Light's Thai Chicken skewers! So yummy with a light peanut marinade/dipping sauce!
  • careycm616
    Options
    Have you tried buying ground chicken?
    I buy it buy the pound and add bread crumbs and some almond milk (I dont drink regular milk anymore) and mix. Then form into patties and put on the stove.
    Makes for a great, easy dinner subsitute for burgers, plus they keep well for leftovers
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Pound out chicken breasts. Stuff with feta cheese and a slice of tomato. Roll up, give a light cracker crumb coating with peppper and paprika. Bake until done. So good!
  • roman109
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • roman109
    Options
    bump
  • cboelens
    cboelens Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LuckyMe381
    LuckyMe381 Posts: 105 Member