Another 30 Day Shred Question

Options
I am interested in starting the 30 Day Shred but I am wondering if it is a good time for me now or if I should wait until I loose more weight?

I am also wondering if I should continue doing the elliptical while doing the shred?

And, if I do the shred, what will happen once I stop doing it and go back to regular exercise? Will I just need to continue doing the videos?

My current exercise routine consists of 40 minutes of elliptical with a feeble attempt at push ups, crunches, planks, leg lifts and such , 5 to 6 times a week. I know very little about fitness tbh.

Some info about me if that helps with suggestions:

-5'2
-205 lbs
-I consume around 1600 calories a day (not always healthy/clean options... but I try) and am not eating back my exercise calories
-Desk Job

Replies

• viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump....

this is a cry for help here lol
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    The very first exercise that I did was the 30DS. It absolutely changed the way that my body looked and I lost quite a bit of weight with it. For a short little workout, it is pretty darn effective. I would give it a try. I will give you some structure to the work out you have been trying to put together outside of the elliptical.

BTW: when I started the 30DS I was at 236 lbs. I was able to complete it, I was very sore at first, but I did it. I am thinking about pulling it out again, using heavier weights this time and trying it again.
    Good Luck! I would recommend it.
  • viglet
    Options
    Thank you so much for your input! I am glad to hear that others around the same weight have had success.
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I just finished the Shred for the first time. I did it every day without a break and also kep up my walking. I try to get to 10K steps almost every day. The first few days were hard but it built up my endurance and strength pretty quickly!
    I am about to start her Ripped in 30 and Im excited.
    Results were great. Try not to focus on the weight, it will be more inches than weight. I lost 8 lbs and about 7 inches, and thats pretty awesome for 30 days!
    Good luck!
  • Shutterbugfever
    Shutterbugfever Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would do the 30 day shred. Stay on level one for 10 days before going to level two and then three. At first you may only be able to do the 30 day shred .. I was sore but I too built up. After ten days I was seeing a difference in my body. If you can do both, totally do it! I kept walking everyday and Saturdays I would rollerblade. My knees did KILL me during level one but I think that is because I wasn't doing the lunges right. I'm thinking of doing two levels a day and still walking... I'm stick and not losing and others have suggested to add more exercise...
    Still with the 30 day shred and you will see results .
  • caramel1920
    Options
    I am almost finished with 30DS, I have 5 more workouts on level 3 and am so excited at this accomplishment! When I started I was 305 lbs, just pop it in and do your best and I promise you will see results, your body will change, your endurance and stamina will change and you'll learn about what you really can accomplish! I say go for it, take pictures before during and after and you'll be amazed at the results!!!! And as for the other exercises you're doing, listen to your body. Good luck!:happy:
  • viglet
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice. I started the shred and have decided to do just the shred on weekdays and add elliptical work on weekends.

Thanks for your support!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I am almost done with the 30 Day Shred. I started doing it sporadically along with other videos. Then I decided to get serious and commitment to the 30 Day Shred. I have 3 days to go. I planned on doing 10 days, then 10 days then 10 days but I got bored on level 1 and only did it for 7. Level 2 is really hard so be prepared. I really love the Shred and recommend it.
  • yopie1965
    yopie1965 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've done the shred off and on for a month now. But I committed for the month of November to do it every day. Moving up to level 2 at Day 10. I do Curves for Women 3 days a week as well for my resistance strength training. Ive not lost any weight with 30DS but I'm noticing a difference in my legs and arms for toning and muscle. Do your best and don't give up.....I sucked at the jumping jacks and butt kicks and now do them without issue......still struggling a little with skipping rope but it will come.......better than sitting on the couch! :)