help please...

Options
Hello everyone,

Could someone help me and keep me going!!!!!! I started a few weeks ago and generally kept to 1200 calories a day, I'm not an angel and a couple of times have gone over but I'm exercising a lot, but for some reason the weight isn't coming off - for example this week I have lost a massive 0.2lbs!!!!! for goodness sake is that it?????

I'm just not sure what is going on, I have even showed diet and exercise to friends and they can't believe it's not coming off.

Can anyone give me adivse?? the only thing I can think of is to cut even more calories but then where is the balance to enjoying life too????

Feeling very down and fed up as I'm really trying but just not winning. Any help or tips well be gratefully received.

Thank you Caroline

Replies

• cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've lost 51 lbs since October by sticking to a few rules on my food plan. www.myfoodlovers.com

Weigh in only once a week. Weigh in as soon as you get up after you pee. Do not weigh yourself thru out the day.
    Eat something within 1 hour of waking up. Eat every 2 to 3 hours all day long until 1 hour before bedtime.
    Become a label detective and remove all food that has ingredients like white enriched flour, white sugar, high fructose corn syrup.
    Snacks should be kept under 200 calories.

Here are the correct proportions for each meal for a woman:
    total calories - between 300 to 500
    protein between 15 to 30 g
    carbs - 30 to 45 g
    fat - 20 to 30 % or LESS of total calories
    fiber - at least 5 g (20 to 25 g/day)
    Sodium - LESS than 700 mgs per meal.

I also work out everyday. Like I said 51 lbs gone in less than 5 months. This food plan absolutely works. It's taught me how to eat, how to cook, the right portions. It's not a diet, it's a new lifestyle that I will do for the rest of my life. My food diary is open to the public if you would like to take a look at what I'm eating.

Hope this helps and check out the website.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Like has been said on this site many, many times...are you eating your exercise calories or at least the majority of them? If you aren't then your body will go into starvation mode and you won't lose. A friend here at work hasn't been able to lose since Dec. even though still dieting (she previously lost over 50 lbs). I guess the biggest thing would be not to give up. I would suggest raising your calories (with good food not junk) for at least a weekend and then go back to the 1,200 + exercise calories. It'll take time and work but it'll come off. Keep it up!
  • gummibaehr
    gummibaehr Posts: 143
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? You should be if you're not! Otherwise you may be starving your body and it won't let go of the weight because it's trying to protect itself.

Say you work out and burn 300 calories. If you only eat 1200 calories, you're only getting 900 total because you burned 300 off! So you want to eat back that 300 calories to get your total back up to 1200. I hope that makes sense! Do a quick search about eating your exercise calories and you'll finds tons of info about it.
  • radioc
    radioc Posts: 6
    Options
    Oh my goodess - firstly thank you so much for replying so quickly, already you cheered me up thank you.

I didn't realise about the exercise cals - I must admit I sometimes use a few of them but rarely I thought I was being good my keeping pretty much to my 1200. So thank you for that I didn't realise.

Thank you also for diet tips and will look at website.

I appreciate your comments and any more tips please keep them coming.

I must admit I am being realistic - I don't want to be a size 8 but would love to be a size 12 think that would work well for me, I would just love to see results and soon so it keeps me going.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. I would make sure to eat your exercise calories or at least most of them. Make sure all your calories are 'good' ones with lots of protein and drink your water. It will come off. I just had a few weeks of not much results and then this week, when i least expected a loss, i was down 1.2lbs and ecstatic. I've had a few crash moments where i felt super upset about my progress by overall the weight is coming off slowly, and hopefully that means it will STAY off. You can do it!