peekaboo

Options
i see you..........well, ya cant miss me. iim a big hefty 300lb, and today is the day i say goodbye to that 300lb me and start my healthy living.
hi there, my name is tracey. im bipolar and i help out on a funfair. im the big lady in the yellow hook a duck that is always shouting, and the bubbly woman who makes a joke of my weight. well now, im fed up of making jokes and its time to get serious. i take quetiapine, which sadly has a side effect of weight gain, and on top of that i have type 2 diabetes and an underactive thyroid.
im gonna take things slowly and sort my life out, hopefully with your help too.
do you fancy being a diet buddy??? well, if you do, what ya waiting for, message me, say hello and away we go

Replies

• kookeepup
    Options
    Hello Tracey and welcome to MFP! You are taking the right steps to taking control of your life. I am proud of you for doing this. I too have diabetes and can say that since starting this journey, I've managed to lower my sugar levels. I had to stop taking one of my diabetes pills as it was making me have water retention and most fays I feel like I'm drowning from within. Because I had to stop taking one of my medications, I had to incorporate exercising more and that means getting on the elliptical or bicycle at least 5 times a week for 60 minutes each time, It was tough at the beginning but the more you do it the better and becomes a habit your body shortly starts craving for when you don't do it. I have gone down 2 dress sizes from a 16 to a 12 since I started logging. I've been only here about 50 days. I hope I can motivate you and I know you can motivate me as well and I always welcome people with good sense of humor. I'll send you a request and if you wish, please feel free to accept it. Good luck to us and I know you can do it! :flowerforyou: