3rd day on MFP need exercise challenge & motivation

Options
Been dieting and exercising for two weeks- but need motivaiton and different challenges to hit the gym 6 days a week and to learn about plateau. Also a mother of 3 at a desk job looking to lose 50lbs, even if it takes me a year!

Replies

• arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i just joined the 50 mile november challenge sounds fun and very doable. feel free to add
  • kookeepup
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to MFP! I've been logging for about 50 days a mother of 2 and also at a desk job. I'm in no hurry either and it took me several years to gain all this weight I have but having the patience and support of others here, I've managed to lose 7 lbs so far. my target weight is 155 maybe 150. I was having problems with water retention and this was causing me frustrations during my weigh ins. After stopping one of my diabetes pills that's causing me to retain water I'm now able to hit the gym 4-5 days a week. I try to alternate my routine between cardio and strength training. I started out with a trainer but now just work out on my own as that gets expensive. I switch between the elliptical and bicycle machine so I don't get bored with doing the same workout every day. When I use the bicycle, I usually use two 2.5 dumbells and do arm exercises this way it keeps my focus and doesn't allow my brains to get bored with what I'm doing. You just have to have patience, there will be good and bad days but that's all part of the process but the thing to remember is don't be hard on yourself if you have one bad day. There's always the following day to make up for it so try to have fun with it. Good luck to you and if you wish to add me feel free to do so. :flowerforyou: