Pasta

cullensbrunette
cullensbrunette Posts: 115
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
So it says a serving size of the pasta Im eating is 2 oz. I dont have anything to measure the weight of my food. Does anyone know how much cooked pasta is 2 oz? Im eating Barilla Whole Grain Penne if that helps. Thanks a bunch!!!

Replies

• HeidiRodzen
    HeidiRodzen Posts: 455 Member
    Thanks for posting this... I'm having the same issue with Barilla Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti...
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    I went to Bed bath and Beyond for this problem, bought this nice scale for $5. I think there are some nice ones online at Amazon as well. I find it useful to measure veggies and whatnot as well. Might be a good investment. :)
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    It usually is 2 oz dry or about 3/4 cup. So cooked it equals about 1.5 cups.
  • HEasom
    HEasom Posts: 16
    maybe you could check the weight of the packet. Then judging by the weight separate the whole pasta packet into equal measures and then you will be able to roughly judge it. not sure if i have explained correctly. i have just got back from the gym and i feel dizzy! hope that helps a little :). but then if you have already cooked it i really have no idea how to help you. enjoy your pasta. buy some scales when you get the chance...
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    I just had Barilla grain elbow pasta. 2oz of uncooked noodles was about 1/2 cup uncooked.
  • Thanks everyone! I am going to buy a scale. Im tired of worrying about how much of it Im eating! Since I cant live without pasta Ive got to be more careful about the amount Im eating.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    I swear by my scale.
    Just so you're not totally surprised, when it isn't cooked it looks like there is hardly any pasta, but once its cooked its a different story!
    I love my chicken and shrimp Alfredo and the cooked pasta with a serving of protein, a serving of broccoli, and a tablespoon or two of Alfredo sauce really fill me up and help with the cravings!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Have you tried making your own pasta too? Very much better...:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    I used to make a whole box. Then split it into equal servings based on the number of servings in a box. For example barilla whole wheat used to be 7 servings in a box. So I'd eyeball 7 equal portions and eat one of them.
  • sdwieser
    sdwieser Posts: 1
    What ever happened to just answering a question?
This discussion has been closed.