Best at home elliptical machine?

Options
I am wanting to purchase a good elliptical machine for my home. I bought one in the past at a local sporting store, paid $300 for it and it was a piece of junk. Very noisy and my back would hurt after 5 minutes of using it. It wasn't a 'smooth' workout like the machines at the gyms. I know I don't have a couple grand to bank into a machine (my husband would kill me!), so what are affordable, great quality machines? (500-800 $$ range)

Replies

• mz_asher
    mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have a precor and love it. It's the home editions. Since they have a gym edition as well. They can pretty expensive but if you to their retain store like I have they had them sale. I think we got ours for 700 or 800. Well worth it and I say that because that I'd the only machine I'd use in the gym. Now I have no excuses :)
  • kmraymond
    Options
    Is there a certain model number/name yours is? I'm looking at their website now and they have lots of choice. Thanks for the info. :)
  • mz_asher
    mz_asher Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Let me check and ill get back to you :) I bought mine 3 years ago so don't know if they would still have it or not. Do you have a Precor retail store in your area?
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    I have a Nordic Track Pathfinder. They were more expensive when I got mine a couple years ago through Sears... Quiet, has built-in workouts, incline, resistance abililites... a speaker to play your IPod or MP3, and is I-Live compatible (although I never used this feature). I have used it consistently over the past 2 years, my mother has used it when staying with us, my daughter has used it... we all like it
  • kmraymond
    Options
    I don't believe so. I have never heard of that brand before.
  • kmraymond
    Options
    Thank you. I will do some research on that one. :)
  • brentb71
    brentb71 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was in the same price range when I was looking for one a year ago. After extensive research I decided on the Schwinn 431. I have no complaints... Does what it advertises and is holding up just fine.
  • kmraymond
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check this one out too! :)