30 day shred question

Options
How many calories do you reckon I burn on level 1? I am 5'7" 128 pounds, 18 years old female. Thanks all!:smile:

Replies

• Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Also, do I have to follow the diet plan for this to work???
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    bump
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    You would probably have to get HRM to know for sure. Im thinking it would be around 150 cals.
    You dont have to follow the plan, just eat fairly healthy. I just finished it and lost 8 lbs and about 7 inches.
    Good luck!
  • bmfoley
    bmfoley Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Can't help with the calories. . . will say you don't have to follow her diet plan to get great results! Good luck!
  • 13pointUNO
    Options
    I'd reckon part near 200-250
  • kimimila86
    Options
    Before I gave in and bought a HRM, I was using circuit training to record my burns. Turns out, they were pretty accurate. I was burning between 225-275. It's a ballpark estimate anyway! Good luck! I had a lot of success doing the 30DS. After doing it for 2.5 rounds (never completely finished it), I lost almost 18 inches! :flowerforyou:
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    you should eat clean to allow muscles to show through. i just finished it this week and at 158, 5'7' i can't see as much ab definition as i'd like. if i had dropped some more weight through clean eating i'd be happier.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" it burns 200 cals roughly for me, I weigh 135
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM and weight 146 and am 5'3" and last night I burned 275 calories doing level 1 of the 30 DS. The reason I may have burned so much is because right before this I ran for 20 minutes and calculated that separately, but my heart rate was up to begin with.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be disrespectful, but if you are 5'7" and 128...I think you need to be eating at least maintenance and just using the Shred to build muscle. That is just my opinion. I know that I am 5' 7'ish and when I weighed 135 I was super skinny. Remember to focus on health and fitness rather than just being "bony". I hope that helps you.
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I log it as 20 min circuit training general. 261 calories burned for me, but im 5'3 and 175
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and burned about 150 cals on the 30DS levels per HRM. I didn't follow the diet plan (but did do TDEE -15% and ate as healthy as possible) and lost a bunch of inches!
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I didn't follow a meal plan and I lost a fair few inches and pounds.
    I burnt about 150-250 depending on the level and how hard I was willing to work :)
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    200-230ish cals

Yes eating healthy will help obviously

Great exercise to modify from beginning to advanced - example I know use heavier weights in level 1 than I did when I first started doing it and have also added weights to all the cardio
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Under the cardio section, log it as "Circuit training, general."

And no, you don't have to follow any particular diet plan, just make sure you are getting the right amount of protein and the right number of calories.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be disrespectful, but if you are 5'7" and 128...I think you need to be eating at least maintenance and just using the Shred to build muscle. That is just my opinion. I know that I am 5' 7'ish and when I weighed 135 I was super skinny. Remember to focus on health and fitness rather than just being "bony". I hope that helps you.

Good point! When I was a teen, I weighed 127ish and was 5'4" and muscular. I didn't catch that in the beginning. Yes, OP, please eat maintenance calories, or at least very close to it.
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Pandasarecool
    Options

I am actually trying to just get some muscle definition. I lost 30 pounds in 4 months but didn't do much strength exercises, so I am trying to tone a bit. I eat about 1300-1400 calories a day.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    So you are not trying to lose weight? I am glad to hear that! Yes, it's GREAT for building muscle, just make sure you're eating enough protein. :) Good luck.
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    So you are not trying to lose weight? I am glad to hear that! Yes, it's GREAT for building muscle, just make sure you're eating enough protein. :) Good luck.

Nope, no weight loss intended! I wander between 125-130 and I am happy with that, I just want to tone.