Hey y'all!! whats working for you?

Options
My name is Sarah and Im new! My goal is to lose between 15-20 lbs... I am not the most active person and I love food, so this is gonna be a struggle! I think the idea of having a support system is pretty neat, willng to give it a shot!!

What has worked for you guys?? Obviously diet and exercise, but specifically? Im starting Insanity on Monday!!! Pretty pumped~!

Replies

• malditamelodia
    Options
    I jog/walk for an hour almost everyday. Averaging between 3-4 miles. It's a start. I'm trying to lose 20 lbs too.
  • swagar12
    Options
    awesome! I have been sick and I have been falling back on that, and not exercising... I guess there is no excuse, I can atleast get out there and walk...

How about diet? What are you doing and is it working?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Brisk walks and bike rides a few times a week, strength training a couple times a week, and eating less calories &carbs, and eating more protein.... And lots of water!

Also, what works for me is my kids and I challenge each other. If I do 20 lunges (or whatever amount...) my son does the 20 plus 15, then I have to match his 15 and might do 10 more so he has to 10 more..... Etc.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Eating an amount of calories between my BMR and TDEE each day.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My name is Sarah and Im new! My goal is to lose between 15-20 lbs... I am not the most active person and I love food, so this is gonna be a struggle! I think the idea of having a support system is pretty neat, willng to give it a shot!!

What has worked for you guys?? Obviously diet and exercise, but specifically? Im starting Insanity on Monday!!! Pretty pumped~!

Hi Sarah,

Check out toneitup.com. These ladies are always posting free workouts, motivation, and recipes. I've also gotten into reading food blogs and pinterest for healthy inspiration!

Good Luck!
    Kat
  • porscheparcher
    Options
    Insanity is AMAZING! Work with your Beachbody coach and you WILL succeed! If you need anything, I'm here for you :)
  • swagar12
    Options
    Thats a great idea! The challenge system. I dont have kids and my boyfriend doesnt really work out, LUCKY HIM, he doesnt need to!

I think I may try to start a challenge w my friend...

Also, there is a group that challenges you to do this ab workout 3x a week and track your progress for November! I'm gonna do it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKCVCZe474&feature=list_other&playnext=1&list=SPAFD5B210501A00AB
  • malditamelodia
    Options
    It's okay if you're sick. But if you're in the house just lounging around, it doesn't hurt to lift a few weights or do a few sit ups. :)

As for food, I'm drinking lots and lots of water now. Said goodbye to Soda...basically cutting out a lot of junk food. This is my first week so I'm still trying to get used to everything.

I gained my weight when my fiance and I moved in together...so we are really on the same boat! lol

What's working for you?
  • swagar12
    Options
    So much wonderful advice! Thanks so much! I really feel like this is the support I need to stay consistent, which is my biggest weakness with weight loss.

Malditamelodi- I am not doing any specific diet, but I have been sticking to chicken or fish and veggies primarily. Eating lots of greens. Also, my snacks are carrots or a special K protein bar. And like you, Ive cut out soft drinks, which is really hard, but I know its worth it.! Staying below 1,500 cals also.

An especially hard cut for me will be wine. I love to have a few glasses of wine several times a week... Its my guilty pleasure!
  • lots2live4
    lots2live4 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    For me it's mostly been cutting out processed food and some white carbs, except white rice. I'm half asian, so I can't get rid of my rice. :) But I have cut my portion of rice though and it has helped a lot. I haven't done a lot of exercise, but I'm hoping to start today at least doing 5 days a week of cardio.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I just started this on Friday, so I'm new too.
    I am trying to stay around 1200 calories a day, but if I workout then I eat more.
    I am usually a slacker when it comes to exercising though.

But I just joined up for a month of CrossFit so I'm excited to try that out! My first day is tomorrow morning at 5:30 am. I'm nervous.... mostly because I don't want to sleep through my alarm!! hahaha
  • swagar12
    Options
    Good luck Tinak!! Cross Fit sounds fun :) I am in law school at night and work as a clerk during the day... I dont have much time on my hands... Thats my problem with working out, I need something to do at home! Hence my Insanity choice!!!

Lemme know how Cross fit works and keep up the good work!!!
  • litak85472
    litak85472 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm Hanna. I've been on here for a while off and on, but the last few months ive really been keeping at it.

I started with a personal trainer, only taking in 1200 calories a day.
    Lots of water and green tea (I drink green tea when I have a craving to munch).

I started to not see much weight loss last week, so I tried not eating carbs before I go to bed and I lost 3 lbs, lol... goodbye mac n cheese...

I was told to not drink too much coffee, but that's another journey, hahah. any advice on that?
  • malditamelodia
    Options
    Green tea over junk food...that's a great idea!