Ladies and Dudes, need your opinions!

loasface
loasface Posts: 25 Member
Doing some research, maybe you can help me!

I'd like to know what you love and what you hate about your salon/spa. What is your favorite and least favorite thing about the place, your stylist, everything. What do you wish they did differently? What's something unique about them that you absolutely love? What about just the "salon experience" in general?

Feedback, plz!

^_^

Replies

• I go to a salon outside of Washington, DC. My stylist cuts my hair exclusively with a straight razor [my hair is so thick he charges me double!] and we talk golf and football. He gives a hell of a cut, is reasonably priced compared to my old stylist, and works part time for Golf Digest rating golf courses so he tells me where to play.

That said, sometimes he talks about his grandkids. I'm not a kid person.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    I don't go to a Salon or Spa. Good old fashioned Barber Shop for this guy. When I do shave, I let them do it.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    For me I found somebody I like in both cases and they are good at what they do so I've been going to them for a few years and would never switch. My hair dresser and I have also become pretty good friends. My esthetician is the best at waxing and facials. She knows her stuff. So I guess I'd have to say quality service & personality.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,644 Member
    my favorite thing is it is free...the worst is it is in my brother's basement.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    They keep me coming in because they give me wine and they don't allow kids to run around the place. Win, win. It's a very relaxing experience going to my salon, they rock.

Plus, they do an awesome job for a fair price.

And, they have wine. :drinker:
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    I love that my salon is completely organic so there are none of those horrible smells and dangerous chemicals in my hair. It's very peaceful and I always get exactly what I ask for.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,174 Member
    I have been going to the same salon for the past 10 years. My stylist is terrific! She knows not only what I want and gives it to me, but what my hair needs to look good. She has never disappointed me. And she does he best to keep the costs down when she knows I am low on funds. Plus she is a really nice person.

She told me when the time comes that she leaves the salon, she will STILL do my hair out of her house, if I want. I intend to take her up on that offer.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Well, i feel at home.at the salon i go to the only set back is it doesn't feel as good when i wash my hair... Haha, i've cut my own hair since i was twelve.. i didnt set foot into a salon until March and that was only to get it styled for a wedding i was in.. And i didn't like that the ladies in the salon didn't talk and spill there juicy gossip.lol. But that's okay ill be in cosmetology school again in January.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    My stylist is awesome. She knows I hate all the sprays and chemical junk so she just gives me a great cut.
    I love that she's reasonable for my area (I'm sorry but I can't afford $100 haircuts) and she's awesome at fitting me in.
    Even if I don't get it styled, she'll fit me in real quick for a trim, if need be.

I wouldn't say that I don't like the ambiance there but it's just kinda plain jane so if you're used to an upscale fancy place, you'd be very disappointed. But I figure people see MY quality hair cut not WHERE I get it cut. :happy:
  • I love my hairdresser, it's cheaper than other salons and they're really good quality, we always laugh and chat when we go in there and there's only three staff (including the manager/owner) so it's a really "personal, friendly" service 'cause they know us well so we have lots of fun :) My only negative if I'm being picky is that the magazines are ripped and old, and the interior could be a bit more stylish but that's only if I'm being picky lol otherwise I love it :)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    I have major scent issues so I avoid them like the plague. I have a low maintenance haircut and don't have to look professional so I get it cut 3 times a year, sometimes 4. My hair is thin and grows slowly so there isn't much of a difference between cuts.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I don't have one. I roll into Hair Cuttery every couple of years (or every few years) because I'm too lazy to care.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Lady Elaine don't waste her M.R's.N. royalties on the spa! I get my puppet taint bleached with good ol' Clorox.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I really miss the happy endings at my spa. But after the FBI raid, I totally get it.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    I really miss the happy endings at my spa. But after the FBI raid, I totally get it.

Luckily mine still does them, but some times Hector can be a little rough.
  • My biggest peeve about my salon is that my stylist is never on time. It is so maddening when you pay someone and they have no respect for your time.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    I love the spa I go to! Its called Perugia, if anyone lives in the Edmonton area :)

Pros:
    -Free coffee, tea, water, cookies, muffins
    -Coat check
    -Large personal change rooms and showers for pre or post massages as well as styling tools for after
    - All the hairdressers are trained to give professional scalp massages! Best part imo!
    -The staff are very friendly but not overly or awkwardly so
    -free underground parking for members
    -the hairdresser will walk out front to suggest products for me if asked
    Cons:
    -large couches in the waiting room, im awkward and don't like sharing my seating space
    -dated and torn magazines, no newspapers
    -no wifi
    -theyve misbooked 3 appointments on me and made me reschedule without a discount
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I hate making small talk for 2 hours when I go for a cut and colour. It's exhausting.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    I rarely go. When I do, I just want them to do a quality job on my cut. As long as they do that, I'm good.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    I love my hairdresser, he does an amazing job each time and he's ridiculously hot ;p haha that's what makes my hairdressers so great