Thread for women!

Options
Sorry to all guys that may be reading this....

During 'that time' I get INCREDIBLY hungry. All the time! I crave red meat, chocolate, binge eating and laziness.
Seriously, if I could stay in bed all day eating nothing but junk, I would!
Anyone else out there experience that?

What advice can you give to keep focussed on healthy eating/living during that week?!
It's so hard to not give into temptation!

Replies

• kellybroadbent
    Options
    I hear ya :-/ Just been there myself and it ain't pretty - there's a reason my food diary is private, lol - I might stay within my calories 90% of days but that doesn't mean my choices are always fab, sometimes ya just need KFC and damned if it means you can't eat anything else, lol.

If I'm struggling with overeating, I just make sure I'm drinking heaps of water, at least ten cups a day, which keeps me feeling full and makes it harder to eat everything in sight.

I don't know what your daily calorie goals are but I think ours are probably comparable. I find that if I'm really not feeling it one day, I just don't do it. Like... If I want to not exercise, eat chocolate, have a steak... I usually can, and still be within my calorie guidelines. For that week, I'd just forgive myself for not sticking strictly to the food pyramid, and go for it within reason.

How many calories a day are you aiming for and how many are you eating during your period?
  • SunnyStef
    SunnyStef Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also crave red meat and chocolate at this time. I was once told it is related to being iron deficient. I'm not sure if that's true, but its worth looking into, having bloodwork done and maybe taking a supplement. Anyways, I know how you feel.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I avoid food when it happens. The uncontrollable hunger...ugh. I just try to stay busy away from food when I know i'm not even hungry. For the cocoa cravings i'll have a chocolate meal shake or make chocolate yogurt with cocoa powder, greek yogurt, and stevia.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I try to eat smaller meals, which leaves more room for snacking. And I try to stay busy. I usually exercise more during that time, just to keep my mind of the cravings!!!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If you're craving red meat you could be iron deficient (common during periods). Do you take a multivitamin?

Might not help with the chocolate craving, lol!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat some red meat and chocolate?