Really awesome job :D
  • FightingGenetics
    FightingGenetics Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • moounir
    moounir Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think i will follow seriously this program. Awesome.
  • FightingGenetics
    Options
    If you commit to the program and follow it day in and day out you can do amazing things
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in the middle of INSANITY and I think I may do p90x next. I'm glad it's worked out so well for you!
  • FightingGenetics
    Options
    How do you like insanity? I'll be doing Insanity THE ASYLUM Next.
  • RopenChoke
    RopenChoke Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations. I'm doing P90X, also. On week 3. Did you do the Yoga and Kenpo workouts, also? I love the lifting and the plyometrics but can't force myself to get into the Yoga and Kenpo. I have substituted those days with running, cycling, or swimming.
  • FightingGenetics
    Options
    First of all, congratulations. I'm doing P90X, also. On week 3. Did you do the Yoga and Kenpo workouts, also? I love the lifting and the plyometrics but can't force myself to get into the Yoga and Kenpo. I have substituted those days with running, cycling, or swimming.

@RopenChoke I have subbed out the YOGA X. I did it for the first three weeks and then switched to CARDIO X instead. There is 15min of yoga at the beginning of that and I like burning the few extra calories. Plus I don't have the attention span for 90min of YOGA. As for KEMPO I haven't skipped that one. I know it seems a little hokey but I think it's okay. After week 5 I started doing it while holding 3lb Dumbbells to make it a little more intense. Plus I push so hard MON-FRI Kempo is kind of like an active recovery day for me.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Yum.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

@RopenChoke I have subbed out the YOGA X. I did it for the first three weeks and then switched to CARDIO X instead. There is 15min of yoga at the beginning of that and I like burning the few extra calories. Plus I don't have the attention span for 90min of YOGA. As for KEMPO I haven't skipped that one. I know it seems a little hockey but I think it's okay. After week 5 I started doing it while golding 3lb Dumbbells to make it a little more intense. Plus I push so hard MON-FRI Kempo is kind of like an active recovery day for me.

you should grab Fountain of Youth Yoga from P90X One on One

the yoga is absolutely essential to performing better and lowering your risk of injury long term... FoY is only 40 minutes.
  • FightingGenetics
    Options
    @CoachReddy Yea I know I need to do more and was thinking about going to some Yoga classes at the gym. That is the only one that doesn't hold my attention. I think in a real class I would enjoy it. How is Yoga from X2. I think I'll be doing that in DEC.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    @CoachReddy Yea I know I need to do more and was thinking about going to some Yoga classes at the gym. That is the only one that doesn't hold my attention. I think in a real class I would enjoy it. How is Yoga from X2. I think I'll be doing that in DEC.

The X2 Yoga is a LOT more popular. It's also shorter. So you'll prolly dig that a lot more.

Congrats on your success dude! Amazing stuff. :)
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Great results !
  • Rianneew8
    Options
    I'm currently in the middle of INSANITY and I think I may do p90x next. I'm glad it's worked out so well for you!

I am doing Insanity as well although I have made several modifications to fit my lifestyle. How has your experience been with the program? I noticed a flatter tummy (even with all of my modifications) after one week.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congrats! on finishing p90x, i have finished 2.5 rounds until i hurt myself... been out for 2 weeks now and hating life! Hopefully my arm will heal and then i can get back to my 3rd round. You should be very proud of your accomplishment finishing the program is a hard thing to do!! Congrats again!
  • FightingGenetics
    Options
    Congrats! on finishing p90x, i have finished 2.5 rounds until i hurt myself... been out for 2 weeks now and hating life! Hopefully my arm will heal and then i can get back to my 3rd round. You should be very proud of your accomplishment finishing the program is a hard thing to do!! Congrats again!

That's awesome. I can't wait until I'm three rounds in. I'm sorry about your arm. How about Plyo and legs while you recover? A week or two off isn't bad I just know for me that snowballs into months.
  • The_Dude
    The_Dude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great results!!! Did you measure your before/after BF %? When did your six pack start to emerge?
  • FightingGenetics
    Options
    Great results!!! Did you measure your before/after BF %? When did your six pack start to emerge?

Yes i did measure my BF. At the start I was 24% BF and as of this morning DAY 81 I am 7% BF. I started at 214lbs and this morning I was 185lbs. so I have lost 40lbs of fat and put on 10lbs of muscle. I starting seeing my abs around day 50. You can see all my progress photos at my site teamfightinggenetics.com I posted my day 45, 60 and 75 results there.
  • FightingGenetics
    Options
    <
    Day 81 Pic here Day 1 Pic on my profile
  • The_Dude
    The_Dude Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Yes i did measure my BF. At the start I was 24% BF and as of this morning DAY 81 I am 7% BF. I started at 214lbs and this morning I was 185lbs. so I have lost 40lbs of fat and put on 10lbs of muscle. I starting seeing my abs around day 50. You can see all my progress photos at my site teamfightinggenetics.com I posted my day 45, 60 and 75 results there.

Wow amazing BF loss!! I started at 20.7 and at day 52 am around ~16.5% and dream about losing more! I'm over poking around on that site
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!