Anyone have any SUGAR FREE holiday dessert recipes??

Options
2»

Replies

• hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I made this for my friend for her birthday. She is diabetic, and she loved it; It is so moist, I say it's a cake not a bread.

BANANA SPLIT BREAD

Diabetic Version
    1 1/2 c white flour
    1/2 c granulated Splenda
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 1/2 c ripe bananas, mashed
    1/2 c egg substitute
    1/2 c no-sugar added applesauce
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 T semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1/4 c strawberry preserves, sugar-free
    1/4 c walnuts or pecans

Grease and flour a loaf pan and preheat oven to 350° F. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. set aside. Mash bananas, add eggs, applesauce and vanilla. Mix and to this add the dry ingredients, mixing well. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts, if you are adding nuts, with a wooden spoon. Put half of the batter in the loaf pan and carefully spoon or drizzle the strawberry preserves on the batter, try to stay away from the edges. If the preserves are thick, heat them 30 seconds in the microwave.Once you added the preserves, spoon rest of batter in the pan. Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of bread loaf comes out clean. Start checking at 40 - 45 minutes as ovens vary.
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I had posted a Pumpkin Mousse in the recipe section of MFP titled "Happy Thanksgiving Canada", you can find it by doing a search. Its delicious! Sorry i can't figure out how to copy and paste on my new Apple PC. Doh! Or i would post it here for you.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Check for a recipe under search called Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse. I have made it a few times and it is delicious. :smile:
  • songhan0714
    Options
    Check this youtube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/leanbodylifestyle. It got many low carb dessert recipes like cheese cake, pies, and cookies.
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Oooooooh now we're talking! I like the pineapple fluff type recipe...I've made similar before without the fruit and it is soooo good.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    PEPPERMINT PATTY PIE

Ingredients:
    10 Miniature Peppermint Patties (sugar-free)

Ingredients-
    1 Pkg. (4 oz.) Sugar-Free Vanilla Pudding (not instant - cook & serve variety only)
    1 Tbsp Baking Cocoa
    2 Cups Lowfat Milk
    Reduced Fat Whipped Topping
    Sugar-Free Peppermint Patties for Garnish (miniature)

In a medium saucepan, combine pudding and cocoa, gradually stirring in milk. Prepare according to instructions on pudding box. While waiting for the pudding mixture to cook - stirring occasionally, as instructed - cut the ten peppermint patties into quarters and blend into the pudding mixture. Continue until everything is melted and the mixture has a smooth texture.

When finished, remove from heat, pour into the pre-baked pie crust and refrigerate for several hours until well chilled. When serving, place a dollop of whipped cream and a peppermint patty garnish on each slice.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Christmas Sugar-Free Fudge

Ingredients-
    3 cups carob
    1/4 teaspoon artificial sweetener
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    1 cup chopped walnuts
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    48 walnut halves
    pinch salt

In saucepan on low heat mix carob, sweetener, and milk.
    Mix in remaining ingredients except walnut halves.
    Spread into a 9 x 9 inch pan and chill. Cut into squares and top each one with a walnut half.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Heaven

1 can Libby's pure pumpkin
    1/2 8oz tub of fat free whipped cream topping
    1 box powdered fat free, sugar free instant pudding(cheesecake or vanilla flavor works best)

blend, split into 6 servings and pop in the fridge. Mmm mmmm good and each serving (depending on what brands you use, I used all generic) is under 100 calories.
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    http://pinterest.com/pin/170573904608136823/

This one is definitely my favorite... I tastes just like the candy bar.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    http://dashingdish.com/recipe/pumpkin-spice-cupcakes/

Pumpkin spice cupcakes!

OK -- so the recipe calls for a box of cake mix + sugar free pudding, fat free milk, & fat free cool whip....so maybe the cake mix isn't 100% sugar free(??)

But it's 120 calories per cupcake....

Enjoy! =)
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    Check the Splenda website for several delicious recipes. I've made the cinnamon swirl coffee cake, the apple crisp, the lemon blueberry loaf, and the apple lovers muffins and all of them were great. My bf is diabetic, so these days I use Splenda in the majority of my baking (unless I don't plan on sharing) and i haven't found too many things that didn't still taste great!
  • Lobster1987
    Options
    mmm thanks guys!
  • ccsmiller
    ccsmiller Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Okay I needed to see that you could use fruit sugars :) I assume then that milk sugar will work too.

Make the family size sugar free vanilla pudding - as a pie mix (directions on the box) with either fat free milk or no-sugar added vanilla almond milk. (almond milk is only good for a day or two when making puddings I've found, also use a little less milk than the directions require and an electric mixer because it doesn't set like cows milk) Put in the freezer to set for 10 or 15 mins.

Line a serving bowl or anything really with slices of ripe bananas.

Spoon the pudding on top.

Add another layer of banana, then cover with sugar-free cool whip.

It's like banana cream pie without all the sugar. Enjoy!
  • Lobster1987
    Options
    Bumpsies. I need more ideas please. Any cookie recipes?