*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in November *

Options
2012-White-Banner-FULLGROUP-F0.PNG

November is here! Cooler - BUT Better for Running! (Someone reminded me of that while I was thinking how cold it was).

~~ Who is in for a November Miles Challenge?

The challenge is: 50 miles of running minimum, 100 miles or more miles!

We have a 80 runners max for efficient mileage keeping.

*** Checking-in/Joining:
To join, simply let us know your goal mileage, then check in periodically, reporting your total running mileage and what you have done for the day, or if you have a race coming up (I am a race junky!) give us an update on that too.

Example Check-in report below the total mileage of the month is the most important statistics for the spreadsheet:

"I ran 5 miles today, I have run a total of 57 miles for the month! (:"

If you like a mileage ticker, here is a "how to thread" describing how to set up and update your ticker:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/413332-runners-team-s-howtos

*** Running Mileage:
We only count *running* mileage. Some of us count mileage that is equivalent to running such as the mileage on the ARC trainer or the elliptical. Make sure the elliptical mileage is equivalent to your running mileage. Email me for suggestions on how to convert mileages.

*** Where to post:
In this (A) thread or in the (B) group check-in threads below at the appropriate end date (or both A and B).
A. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/785681--runners-team-50-and-100-miles-in-november
B. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/660-runners-team-challenge-x-miles-in-a-month (please join the group first)

*** When and Frequency:
We will have check-ins at least once a week on Sundays (see dates on the spreadsheet). Please post updates least once weekly on or before the Sunday check in either the A or B threads or both.

Feel free to update us more ~~ because is fun to hear from you and what you are accomplishing - your updates help us begin inspired.

*** Spreadsheet:
We will check point your progress within this thread and the group threads with the spreadsheet snapshot below that refreshes as the month progresses. To see the latest version of the spreadsheet you may need to refresh your browser browser, or you may have to try CTRL+R then CTRL + F5 a couple of times if you are using the Windows OS, or replace the CTRL key with Command key if you are on a MAC, or, Command+R and then Command+Shift+R on a MAC.

*** Hall of Fame :
Here you can find your results from previous months:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/411286-hall-of-fame

*** Current Spread Sheet & Trophy & Legend:

( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )
2012-November-Check.PNG
2012-Legend.PNG
2012-11-Trophy-275.PNG

Replies

• L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    4 miles today.

4 miles this week.

4 miles this November so far. :tongue:
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this month! I did 5 miles today. I'll shoot for 65 this month.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Please count me in again for 120 miles in November! Thank you!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Check :happy:
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'll join again. I'll shot for 50 again this month.

Hopefully my foot cooperates! Thanks for organizing this!
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I just learned that I could use MapMyRun to track my monthly mileage and was more than pleased to find out I hit 52 miles in October. I'll shoot for 50 again since I don't think I can make 100 yet!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Check :flowerforyou:
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I would like to join at 50 running, I might have finally worked my way to enough miles to join your group. :smile:
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Count me in for 50!

Are we looking at weekly mileage so far, or starting on Nov 1? If so, 5 miles so far today, but 17.97 for the week :-D
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Can we add to the spreadsheet ourselves? I do short lengths eg 2/3 miles at a time and its hard to remember how many ive done.

Im going to aim for 50
  • Cooriander
    Options
    barefoot76 said:

Count me in for 50!

Are we looking at weekly mileage so far, or starting on Nov 1? If so, 5 miles so far today, but 17.97 for the week :-D

YAY! It starts Nov 1, so the first week is not really a full week. :smile:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    strawberrytoa said:

Can we add to the spreadsheet ourselves? I do short lengths eg 2/3 miles at a time and its hard to remember how many ive done.

Im going to aim for 50

We may add 'automity' that later (e.g., via google documents), but right we report your cumulative mileage or your weekly mileage what ever you prefer at least once weekly (on a Sunday)... Except as I responded in the previous post, the first week in November is really a half week, Nov 1 - to Nov 4 (a Sunday). In general we record a week starting on a Monday and ending on a Sunday.
  • warriordude07run
    warriordude07run Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Can I join. I ran 5 tonight. For a total of 5 miles this month so far :) Oh and for my first month.. Let's start me off at.. 100?
  • elfpearl
    elfpearl Posts: 191
    Options
    Count me in again! This has really got me motivated. My goal for November is 137 miles...one mile further than last month! So far I have 3 miles.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Check :glasses:
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Can you put me down for 60 miles please?
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hey, I thought I joined for November? just got done with my first run for the month too. 2.86 miles.... going for 75 for the month
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would like in for 50 miles if there is room :happy:

11/2: 2.5 miles

WTD and MTD: 2.5 miles
  • warriordude07run
    warriordude07run Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My bad, I actually ran 5.7 last night. Does that round up to 6? Speed workout tonight! :D

exercise.png
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I ran 2 today. MTD: 7