late night hunger?

Options
has any one any tips on what to eat or do , when you get hungery about 10 -11 pm ??

i done so well all day , but 50% chance i get hungery at that time of night , help please?

Replies

• TinkerbelleJ
    TinkerbelleJ Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are hungry hungry?

I usually make a cup of herbal tea and drink it, I am usually not hungry but have late night cravings.
  • cabrera4five
    Options
    gold standard 100% casein chocolate peanut butter it is a slow acting protein or cottage cheese with a little seasoning.
  • Gwilson939
    Gwilson939 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How about a couple spears of dill pickle?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I enjoy eating at night so I plan for it. Save calories for right before bed. Meal timing will not adversely effect your weight goals.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I enjoy eating at night so I plan for it. Save calories for right before bed. Meal timing will not adversely effect your weight goals.

This. If you're getting really hungry maybe your calorie goal is too low. What I do is eat a small lunch and save 300 calories for after dinner.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options

^This. I couldn't have said it better myself. I sometimes save some calories for a small bowl of oatmeal before bed. Sticks to the ribs, and helps me sleep soundly (at least, I believe it does).
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Eating at night isn't necessarily bad, but if you are starving around 10-11 pm, you probably aren't eating enough during the day. I usually drink a cup of hot tea, which is warm and filling and satisfies any cravings- but there are those days where I don't eat enough, during which a bowl of oatmeal, soup, or a slice of pumpernickel with peanut butter usually helps me, personally.
  • D2244
    D2244 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are only at 1.300 calories and your goal is 1,700. Go eat some high protein snack like some cottage cheese, peanut butter or an egg. Better yet eat some ice cream...works for me.
  • thedodgeruk
    thedodgeruk Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are only at 1.300 calories and your goal is 1,700. Go eat some high protein snack like some cottage cheese, peanut butter or an egg. Better yet eat some ice cream...works for me.

yep got about 400 cals left . had a protein shake before hand , which cut down the hunger , but still hungery and 400 cals left .
    just want something easy to make that will fill me up
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    5 baby carrots are only 35 calories, but there are those times I crave something sweet like chocolate. I will try the tea ideas. I have always loved hot/iced tea and as long as it is filling, this should do the trick. It's the late night eating that can cause the most weight gain. I am still learning about budgeting my daily calories and what to/what not to eat during the day.

My Dr said that apples are good to eat because they are filling and low in calories.