Anyone else using a heart rate monitor?

Options
I have recently added a heart rAte monitor to my workouts. It really is great it not only helps keep the intensity level in the correct zone for each workout but it also gives me accurate calorie burning info. The one I have also synchs with the cardio machines at the gym so I don't have to hold onto the machines to get my heart rate. Just looking for some friends to share with.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • yesi42402
    yesi42402 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had one, but to me it seemed like I was burning way too many calories, over 1000. The numbers didn't match the gym machine.
    I had to check my heart rate every 5 minutes to keep the calorie burn accurate. It might have been accurate but seemed to good to be true.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I love my HRM. I like being able to accurately know how many calories I'm burning instead of relying on MFP, which greatly overestimates.
  • rjkoch64
    rjkoch64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also like the fact that it measures the calorie burn while I am lifting as well as doing cardio. As for not being accurate as long as you put in the correct info at setup it should work. It also counts the calories you are burning as you cool down and recover to your resting rate I have only been using mine for a couple of weeks but I notice a increase in the intensity of my workouts right from the start.
  • edixon908
    edixon908 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am looking to purchase an accurate HRM. Any suggestions based on the ones you all have used?
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just added an HRM to my routine. HOWEVER, the max heart rate formula is no good for me. I've been able to push to 198 and that wasn't even a long strenuous workout.

I'll need some time to do some hill runs to test what my absolute MHR is to get the zones right. Otherwise the thing is useless. No clue why my MHR is so high. Seemed weird when I was running at 10k pace and my HRM said I was running at 100% of my HR. That was total BS....so on to do more testing!!
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Love my HRM! Especially for classes like Zumba tells me how many calories I burned and intensity!
  • GoatBoat66
    Options
    Hello. I am looking to purchase an accurate HRM. Any suggestions based on the ones you all have used?

I have Polar FT7 and it seems accurate enough although I haven't used any other monitors.
  • edixon908
    edixon908 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60. So far, so great!
  • Mandie1120
    Mandie1120 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My MIO Active Connect has matched the gym equipment ever time. I didnt believe it so I kept testing it :) It is great and tracks calories you burn, calories you intake, steps, and uploads to MyFitnesspal!!! Plus they give a discount to MFP users :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I really like my Polar FT4. I don't bother with all the zone stuff though. Burning calories is burning calories.
  • rjkoch64
    rjkoch64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft7 with a flowlink to upload the data to there website works great and I love it so far.
  • reneejcam
    reneejcam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a hrm and love it. I have a sunnto. I have also had times where it shows that my HR has gone past 195. But i like how i can be accurate with my calories. I find the machines always give me lower calories burnt.

Does anyone have a sunnto M4?

If so how do you rate it?
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Been using the Polar FT7 since Feb. Love it.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

I have the older Polar F4 and I love it!
  • thethingirlinside
    Options
    I have the polar ft7 I love it .
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    My HRM is essential to my feeling like I am being honest with myself and with my journey. I :heart: Polar
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options

I have the older Polar F4 and I love it!

I have the FT4 as well and love it! I got it either on Ebay or Amazon and it's awesome!
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and I LOVE IT!