What does your day look like?

Options
Without going and searching everyone's diaries and hoping to find some that are public. What does a normal day look for you? Looking for ideas, tired of eating the same old things! So tell me, what do you eat in a day???

Thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    My diary is open only to my friends, but today, I had the following:

Peanut butter and strawberry smoothie with a little protein powder mixed in for breakfast

Homemade bowtie noodle and corn casserole for lunch

This: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/780893-black-bean-lasagna-meatless for dinner

and a few apples and a bowl of frozen yogurt for snacks.

My normal breakfast staples are greek yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, fruit (bananas, grapes, apples) and multi-grain toast, bagel, or english muffin with margarine. My usual lunch is either a pasta dish, leftovers from previous dinners, or a sandwich with side salad, veggies, or apples. My dinners vary quite a bit depending on how much time I have to cook and what I feel like eating.

It takes a while to get a routine of food that you like and fits your goals.
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was fairly typical for me. Cereal and a glass of orange juice for breakfast, a tuna wrap for lunch, fish and chips for dinner (oven baked not fried). A yogurt, banana and clementine for snacks.

My diary is open if you want a nose!
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Today:

Breakfast

coffee 2 1/4 cups (1/4 cup 2% milk)
    1 cup of dried oatmeal with a teaspoon of skippy creamy peanut butter and a 1/4 cup of 2% milk
    2 pieces of double fiber bread with a teaspoon of said peanutbutter on each
    coffee with 2 hazelnut creamers, and sugar (on the road purchase)

Lunch

32 oz. Powerade(this is completely abnormal, so is skipping lunch, things happened today)

Dinner

salad, lots of it, with fat free italian dressing
    rigatoni, 2 cups dried, classico marinara sauce(1.3cups), purple onion chopped, green bell pepper chopped, monterey jack cheese.
    diet green tea (Lipton)
    doritos (nacho cheese)
  • MRAE00
    MRAE00 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks guys! Love hearing what everyone else eats :happy:
  • ClaireM8
    Options
    I have homemade muesli or porrige for breakfast almost every day.
    Lunches I take to work are often pasta with frozen peas, a little salmon and a spoonful of pesto stirred through.
    I cook most nights and use a lot of veges from our garden - often grating carrot and adding red lentils into a mince and tomato mix to use for mexican-style meals with salad and bread.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    hi wishing you lots of success x

What I ate today, breaky; 2 coffees s/m - homemade choc shake,( 200ml skim milk,1 banana, 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder, 1 tbsp oat bran, 1 tbsp chia seeds.)

lunch; grilled zuchini, turkey breast fillet,sliced tomato, and balsamic vinegar

dinner; homemade prawn curry & b rice

snacks, early grey tea, 2 sqrs dark choc, plain yoghurt with maple syrup s/f & lots of water ... :) 1070 cals 63 over on protein, not hungry, went running 20 mins, feel great, probably have an apple and oat cake and cheese before bed, Have a great day :smile:
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Today it was...........

Breakfast, cereal and a cup of tea

Morning snack: kiwi fruit

Lunch: prawn sandwich

Afternoon snack: Rockmelon and 2 monetta chocolate wafers

Dinner: Rump steak, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and potato

Evening snack: cup of tea and roasted almonds
  • Daria09021986
    Options
    Today:
    Breakfast: 0,5 cup dried oatmeal, organic yoghurt 2,5 %fat, 1 tsp of honey, banana.
    Snack: apple, banana
    Lunch: red quinoa, chicken breast with mushrooms fried(no oil)
    Snack: apple
    Dinner: rice noodles- 50 gram, avocado, carrot, lettuce, onion, cucumber, 1 tbsp olive oil.
    Snack: Brie cheese- 25 gram+ green tea.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    MY diary is open. I eat a lot, happy trolling!
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    On a typical work day I always have yogurt with Fiber One cereal for breakfast, and a cup of coffee with almond milk.
    Banana for snack, unless it's summer when I'll have cantaloupe, watermelon, navel oranges, etc (Bananas seem to be the only thing that stay consistently good all year!)
    Raw vegetables and hummus for lunch (carrots, tomatoes, sugar snap peas, etc.).
    Another fruit or some nuts as an afternoon snack.
    Dinner is variable. I don't cook and the dinners I am fed are not always super healthy, which is why I try to eat those raw veggies at lunch every day! But I have been slowly influencing the dinner choices to be somewhat healthier, and I eat bigger portions of the veggies and smaller of the meat and starches.
    Depending on if I need more calories or not I will eat a Ghiardelli dark chocolate & sea salt caramel square or a Skinny Cow single serve ice cream.

My *favorite* dessert though, if I have calories that I need to eat at the end of the day, is to melt a tablespoon of semi-sweet chocolate chips (teaspoon of skim milk helps soften them), pour that over a banana, and put a couple of tablespoons of light whipped cream on top. Tastes so bad, but really isn't. ;)
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My day looked like this:
    Breakfast: Trader Joe's Vanilla Almond Clusters cereal with unsweetened almond milk and 4 oz of cottage cheese (separate from the cereal :) )
    Lunch: cucumber and orange peppers with Newman's creamy balsamic dressing and a TJ's chili lime burger on a tortilla with cheese and salsa; and tortilla chips and a 100 cal pack of wholly guacamole
    Snack: almonds, string cheese, and a protein shake with almond milk, vanilla whey protein powder, banana and strawberries
    Dinner: Skinnytaste Summer vegetables with sausage and potatoes with a buttermilk biscuit.

I'd say this is a pretty typical day (aside from the protein shake).
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    ETA - I didn't read the Original post well apparently :) here's a typical day for me:

Breakfast: Eggs and sausage (egg whites/turkey sausage)
    Snack (fruit - optional - with a high protein breakfast, i usually don't get too hungry before lunch)
    Lunch: varies - generally a sandwich of some sort - sometimes a half pound of turkey breast on a sandwich. Lately it's been a subway sandwich and a yogurt.
    Snack - apple
    Dinner - varies - but frequently PIZZA !!! (homemade with real cheese, sauce, a yummy crust and chicken sausage for around 430 calories - YUM!!)
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually eggs, whole wheat toast, cottage cheese and fruit. Sometimes I'll have oatmeal or whole wheat waffles instead.

Lunch for me is almost always a salad, I like to change up my lettuce, toppings and dressing often so I don't get sick of them. I'm on a big kale salad kick right now.

Dinner...is different almost every day, If I work it's usually a sandwich, pita or soup with sides of veggies, fruit, cheese, yogurt or nuts. If I don't work I'll make stir-fry, pasta w/ veggies, rice and beans, porkchops or chicken breast with sweet potato mash and veggies, healthy-fied pizzas...etc. Tonight I made a huge delicious taco salad with ground turkey.

My snacks are usually fruit, veggies with hummus, crackers, low fat cheese, nuts or seeds, greek yogurt.
  • aprilakajoy
    aprilakajoy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Shake: 8 oz of water, 6 frozen unsweetened strawberries, 1/4 tsp of maca powder, 1 tsp of flax oil and 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder............blend together in a blender and drink

1st Snack:
    20 raw natural almonds or 2 clementines or 1 medium gala apple

Lunch:
    2 slices of Ezekiel bread, yellow mustard, fresh spinach and a slice of large tomato and 1 banana

2nd Snack:
    1 oz of raw natural cashews or 2 clementines or 1 medium gala apple

Dinner:
    6 oz of baked (no salt) chicken breast tenders and 2 cups of broccoli

3rd Snack:
    1 clementine

Through out the day I drink approx. 10-14 glasses of water.

Enjoy!!!!