advice please

Options
So I'm feeling extra hungry today and I am craving french fries. It is within my cal limit and sodium limit ( as I am trying to limit this). Should I go ahead and have them or will it undue all this work I have done this far.

Also how close to the cal count for exercise on here should I count. It seems high to me for what I did. I imputed the activity and the time spent on each activity.

Replies

• JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I didn't do the math, but you've lost six pounds, so as long as you don't eat 21,000 calories over your target for the day, you won't undo all the work you've done so far.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I will actually be under my target either way.........if I do eat them or if I dont
  • Tbias78
    Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change not a diet, if it fits into your daily goal and u want them I say go for it.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    What's the question here. you want them, they fit. then eat them!!!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    eat those *kitten* and enjoy every minute
  • truddy6647
    Options
    I only ask because I am trying to do a lifestyle changes....does not mean that I need to cut out fried foods like fried french fries?
  • dustinsaldivar
    Options
    Eat them. Enjoy them. And then when you get hungry tonight because you have no calories left and french fries aren't filling remember that too. Next time you have the craving you will have the memory to counter balance. Over time you will develop new cravings.
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I only ask because I am trying to do a lifestyle changes....does not mean that I need to cut out fried foods like fried french fries?

No.... just limit you're intake of them. Make them a treat, but if you're body is craving it and you can satisfy it and stay within your calories then go for it! :smile:
  • truddy6647
    Options
    Eat them. Enjoy them. And then when you get hungry tonight because you have no calories left and french fries aren't filling remember that too. Next time you have the craving you will have the memory to counter balance. Over time you will develop new cravings.

I am actually looking at having them a little latter if I do. And if I do I will still be under budget. When I planed my day I did not realize I would be so under budget till I started inputting what I ate ....and will be eating for dinner when I am in class tonight
  • Mel_Anne
    Options
    You will only undo your hard work if saying "yes" to the fries will open up a slippery slope to bingeing. If the fries will fit in your calorie count for the day and satisfy a craving, then I'd say go ahead and enjoy! For me and my complex, scary, binge-y relationship with food, I pretty much went cold turkey on all my most beloved foods for the first month-ish. No fries, fast food, cookies and especially - ice cream. It was like food detox. Now I can be around those foods without breaking out into a longing-induced cold sweat. I've allowed myself a few junk-y treats, within my calorie limit, without derailing myself. In the past, saying yes to a "bad" food was always the begining of the end. So I guess it depends on your personality and what you know of yourself and your relationship with food.

Hope that was somewhat helpful!
  • truddy6647
    Options
    thanks everyone for the advice, I'll think it over on my drive to class.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You have a very high daily goal are you just maintaining?
    But if it fits in your plan then I guess so.
    I dink alcohol so who the flip am I to tell you not to eat fries.
    We all need to chose our poisons that fit.
    Diets that are too restrictive do not work as a lifestyle change.
    But if you weigh yourself hours later you may wonder why you are up (sodium).
    Drink iced lemon water after the fries.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmmm, craving a french fry is really a foreign concept to me. What's to crave?
    I guess I don't like french fries.

But when I really want something and it fits into my calorie budget, I have it.
  • berntom71
    berntom71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    eat them and enjoy
  • book_worm4
    Options
    eat them and enjoy in moderation .
  • truddy6647
    Options
    You have a very high daily goal are you just maintaining?
    But if it fits in your plan then I guess so.
    I dink alcohol so who the flip am I to tell you not to eat fries.
    We all need to chose our poisons that fit.
    Diets that are too restrictive do not work as a lifestyle change.
    But if you weigh yourself hours later you may wonder why you are up (sodium).
    Drink iced lemon water after the fries.

No not maintaining. I have my settings set so that I lose 2lbs a week and that is doing it with have the least amount of activity chosen, to which I generally go to the gym almost every day so I burn more cal. then what they figure.

As far as sodium I will be within that limit too. That was something that I looked into as well
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Small fries. McDs are only 210 calories. Dip them in sweet and sour sauce. Yum.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I will actually be under my target either way.........if I do eat them or if I dont

Then what's the question?
  • truddy6647
    Options
    Small fries. McDs are only 210 calories. Dip them in sweet and sour sauce. Yum.

yuck but to each their own, of course I don't like sauces or dressing though either
  • truddy6647
    Options

Then what's the question?

not a question now I already ate them