New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Just started to get serious again after taking three years off to get married and adopt 2 children, but I am back!!
I am hitting the gym, personal trainer has got me on track and I am seeing results due to my high metabolic rate.
My gym buddy is my beautiful wife so we are working out 5 days a week.
Feeling and looking,
Going to be running in some of the charity runs here in Jacksonville..

K people let be friends

Replies

• tempest678
    tempest678 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My husband and I go to spin and boot camp together, and we both try to cook the foods we love, but healthier. It definitely helps if your partner is on board too. But I use MFP more than he does. It's a GREAT way to keep me honest about how much I eat. You can add me as a friend if you'd like. (Were you referring to Jacksonville Florida?)
  • Smithbens22
    Options
    Yup moved to Jacksonville Fl in 2005, and was healthy when I moved here, mainly because I was single and had a free gym at my apartment.. lol
    I met my wife in 06 and she introduced me to true healthy eating as well as total fitness... but as time went on and we grew our family, 12,12,13 yo (two which we adopted) we got out of shape. My wife started to have medical problems and she started to work out again, but I didn't...

At 34 I realized that I had an amazing family and was blessed so much, but wasn't doing much with my life.. so I started to work out, and run... now I am hooked. Just finished my fist charity run, and am looking forward to running in my first sprint triathlon.

So now I have been hitting the gym six days a week, eating clean and feel great... my wife and I can exercise together which keeps us both health and strengthens our relationship.. lol She has lost thirty pounds and I have lost a few, but gained the muscle I moved down from Massachusetts with..

I have been looking into the boot camp class at my gym.. it looks intense. What is your thoughts on it? Does it give you a workout with more intensity then you have on your own?
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Running is a lifestyle! i am glad you found it! its always awesome finishing a running event, big or small. Its one thing i have really grown to love.
    my next event is the color run - here in orlando, FL on jan 13th. cant wait!!!!