Bananas!

Options
dmmarie21
dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
I have 5 VERY over ripe bananas. I don't really want to make banana bread or "ice cream" Any other ideas?

Replies

• blg5
    blg5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    you could do a search on the internet for a granola bar recipe using banans.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Mash it up until creamy, add honey, raisins, nuts...etc.....spread on toast. Repeat.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Pancakes. Then freeze them for a quick breakfast.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Peel them, cut them up and freeze them for later. You can use them frozen in smoothies and shakes or thawed in banana-breads and muffins.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    1 banana plus one egg plus two tablespoons peanut butter = gluten-free panacakes :D
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Peel and Freeze! you don't have use them all right away!

and I second the pancakes idea!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I had banana, pecan, chocolate chip pancakes last week
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I made some killer banana cinnamon granola recently that those would work well in- the more ripe the better!
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Peel, wrap in platic wrap, freeze. Use for smoothies. Frozen banana in a smoothie makes it creamy and thick.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Banana milkshake . . .skim milk, ice and bananas :flowerforyou:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Mash them up and whisk together with some eggs and almond butter, then fry'em in a pan.

Whammo. Banana pancakes - top with berries.
  • squeekersmom
    squeekersmom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    you can throw them in the freezer just as they are ...I do it all the time and take them out and thaw as needed.....
    great for muffins and loaves or smoothies! I also find they go sweeter after they are frozen and I dont use as much sugar in my recipe when I use them
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    sometimes when i have overripe bananas i mash one up and add it to my oatmeal while it's cooking. nice natural sweetener :)
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Milk, blender, win!
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Be aware that very over-ripe bananas are extremely high in quite fast releasing sugar! They're best to eat when they've just turned from green to yellow. x
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I use the bananas with my protein powder and water/ice for a shake.
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Slice them up and freeze. Throw them into a zip lock after they are frozen and they make a great addition to a smoothie! I always make sure I have a bag of frozen banana slices in the freezer.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Mash it up until creamy, add honey, raisins, nuts...etc.....spread on toast. Repeat.

This sounds awesome!!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    1 banana plus one egg plus two tablespoons peanut butter = gluten-free panacakes :D

I need to try that!
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    Mashed bananas plus oatmeal and a few other ingredients make an excellent breakfast cookie! I"ll find the recipe and edit to post.

ETA: Link

http://caloriecount.about.com/banana-oat-breakfast-cookies-watching-recipe-r1087838

I've done several different variations, using canned pumpkin, mini chocolate chips...lots of options.