2 months in, I'm getting there faster than I thought

Options
I have been big most of my adult life, not huge, but certainly bigger than I should have been. The past year I pushed my weight up even further, in Late august I decided I d had enough. I have great kids, a great wife and great friends, I am healthy, somehow, and want to keep it that way.

A good friend is a health nut and certified P90X instructor. I followed his facebook page and his posts finally got me off my *kitten*.
I decided to get started with a better diet, mostly just cutting back and cutting out sugar and white flour, I started drinking Shakeology every morning, found out about this site through a friend I met working with Matt already. Before I got rolling with 90X, I had already lost 6-7 lbs.

Last week was my first 30 days of X workouts, it took me 40 days to get there due to life getting in the way of some workouts, but I am proud I got that far.
I took some pics for a comparison.
I was down 21 lbs, and my body fat went from 38.7% to 35.4%. I am stronger than I have ever been.
I was wearing TIGHT size 44 pants, and now in size 40's. I feel better, stronger and healthier.

I am now in week 6 of X, and not slowing down, I can taste big changes coming in my life moving forward. Yesterday I hit 24 lbs lost, 269 lbs. That's heavy, but a far cry from 293. I set my goal at 175, but I know that's unrealistic with my build and because of how fast I'm building muscle. Ill re-evaluate my goals when I complete the first round of X.

I hope my story convinces someone to make that change, you will be glad you did.
Erik

29107850_7043.jpg

Replies

• HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Nice! Keep on going!
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    I'm so glad you reached that "enough is enough" point and decided to make a change. That is fantastic. Good luck with the remaining workouts!
  • yorkiemom0820
    yorkiemom0820 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE DOING A FANTASTIC JOB! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!:smile:
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm totally impressed! You are looking awesome!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    WOAH! Amazing job! You look 10 years younger & I bet you feel it too! Excellent work!!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    wow! what a difference! I wish my 25 pounds made such a transformation. That p90x really seems to work! great job.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Well done man. You look so much happier in your latest picture. Keep it up.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting. You can be proud of yourself and your accomplishment. Lets see more photos down the line as you progress.
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That is some great results keep up the good work!
  • kcoleman64
    Options
    You are looking good and should be very proud of your success so far. Keep up the good work!
  • SadieB3
    Options
    Great I just joined and am looking forward to encouragment and tips from others
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Loads of difference in the face and tummy! Well done keep it up
  • ealmy
    ealmy Posts: 17
    Options
    Great I just joined and am looking forward to encouragment and tips from others
    I didn't think I would have progress this quick to post when I started but I am really glad I got started, THAT is the hardest part!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!