Q: Alcohol?

Options
Okay so here is my question, i am in my twenties and every now and then we go with friends and party. And those days ruin my whole week of diet... so i was wondering what are the "less worse" drinks? I read on google to drink wine and beers... So i was wondering does anyone know a low calorie drink (or anything that has a resemblance)?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• ricky_j_b
    ricky_j_b Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I drink rockets,smirnoff light and molson 67,167 total for the 2,and that is about 3 drinks.Mix the beer and cooler 50 50,,,,
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Vodka with water or diet soda. This is my drink when I go out.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    there are no less worse drinks, all contain alot of uselss calories. Just drink less or light beers like Mich ultra. Have a glaass of water between every drink.
  • Tashymash
    Tashymash Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I find wine to be fairly high in calories in comparison to some alcohol, although also lower than some. Lowest calories are are in spirits with diet mixers- vodka and diet lemonade and lime cordial is about 70 calories, you could have rum, vodka or whisky with diet coke for example. Lower alcohol varieties tend to be lower in calories too, but you don't get so tiddly off them obviously ;) Gin and diet tonic is also a low calorie option too if you like it. Wine and lager isn't too bad, but lager doesn't half make me bloated :/
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Champagne - look it up! Fun to drink and not bad on calories! Feels like a celebration anytime.
  • Elisabeth2506
    Options
    I'm at uni and try to stick to vodka and diet something (usually coke) or soda when I'm out :)
  • sionnain
    Options
    vodka can be around 69 cal per ounce (quoting svedka right now) but a shot is a little more than that, so be careful. any sugared vodka can be like 120-150 cal per shot (like pinnacle!)

whiskey is also good but again, to actually feel anything you're going to want more than 1 oz.

i'm quite fond of the mike's lite lemonade - 111 cal per bottle, but it can be difficult to find.

and surprisingly just 4-5 oz of wine can make you feel toasty and be under 100 calories!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Drink Less.

I enjoy a good drink, but most of the low cal stuff (especially the beers) are just an awful excuse for a drink. There is no reason you can't enjoy yourself and have a few drinks even with some extra front-end workouts and extra calorie management.
    Okay so here is my question, i am in my twenties and every now and then we go with friends and party. And those days ruin my whole week of diet... so i was wondering what are the "less worse" drinks? I read on google to drink wine and beers... So i was wondering does anyone know a low calorie drink (or anything that has a resemblance)?

Thanks in advance :)
  • pohlcm08
    Options
    If you're a beer drinker, I drink Budweiser Select 55. They have half the calories of a regular Bud Light which has 110 Calories, and that adds up fast if you're drinking all night. Sure, the 55's have a lower alcohol content, but if you want to slow down your calorie intake, you have to sacrifice somewhere I guess.
  • sevfam
    sevfam Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love my beer...I always figure it into my daily allowance. So one beer = 10 minutes on treadmill! Its a good motivator lol! Miller Lite is my choice.
  • eric5150ii
    eric5150ii Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    More reasons to limit intake - while your body is burning the alcohol, want to guess what it is NOT burning? Yep, fat. Your body is a very effective machine, and will readily use the most available form of fuel it has available. Until your body oxidizes (burns) the alcohol in your bloodstream, it is not using much of the alternate sources. It is about the same as having excess calories, you are just not using the stores (fat) while there is more readily available fuel there.
  • KyraBellwain
    KyraBellwain Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much to everyone :) that was good insight.
  • KyraBellwain
    KyraBellwain Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This page rocks! Thanku to the one who posted it :Dhttp://getdrunknotfat.com/
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    If you like beer, go with stronger beers (higher alcohol content). Look for good beer, like Dogfish Head. You'll only have one or two instead of 5 or 6 of the "lighter" beers for the same effect. And they taste waaaaaay better than some watered down lite beer. Also, I think Guinness only has around 125 calories.

Drink red wine (not the sweet stuff) if you prefer.

Cheers!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I think light beers taste disgusting. I would rather drink a glass of wine or just shoot straight vodka, than drink a nasty Bud Light, any day of the week.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I think light beers taste disgusting. I would rather drink a glass of wine or just shoot straight vodka, than drink a nasty Bud Light, any day of the week.

A woman after my own heart I agree :drinker: :drinker:
  • MNRockstar
    MNRockstar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Actually, the Skinny Girl line of products aren't too bad. I like the white cranberry cosmo. I also really like the new Bud Select. However... I always get a water with my drink and when my cocktail is gone, I have the water. It helps me drink my cocktail slower and I haven't had my 3 drink limit in the first 90 minutes and am ready to go when everyone else is still having fun.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Shots shots shots sha-sha...

one shot is less than 100 calories usually. I LOVE beer but for calorie saving i'll just do shots. You can dress them up with diet soda and lemon juice if you're into an actual drink.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options

A woman after my own heart I agree :drinker: :drinker:

AGREE! I don't consider miller, bud, pabst, or any of that actual beer. Gimme a good stout or ale, it's worth the calories.