So good, I could eat it everyday!

Options
Hey all,

I've been on the search for healthy meals and snacks that I won't get sick of (mainly a consistent lunch).

For the last few weeks I've been eating Dr. Krackerz with almond cheese, and I do love that, but I always feel like I need something more.

I'm wondering if you all have a meal or snack that you love so much you could eat it everyday (and it keeps you full). Post away!

= )

Replies

• Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I almost always make "pancakes" with an egg, a banana, and two tablespoons of peanut butter. Mash together, fry em up( make them small they are delicate) flip them, and viola!

they're a great bread substitute full of protein that keeps me full for a few hours=about 400 calories.

OR

1 cup of sauteed mushrooms with 1 cup of lowfat cottage cheese and a few pickles( about 150 calories), I loooove cottage cheese and it's so versatile!
  • SophieSLP
    SophieSLP Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've made pancakes like that too! Very yummy = )

I like your cottage cheese idea, except that I've outdone myself with cottage cheese. I didn't think it was possible, but it is. Maybe your recipe will make me like it again!

Thanks!
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    bump for more ideas
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Pb2, banana on a low Cal pita (about 240 Cal's and have used this for snacks and meals). Almonds, apples, I make a killer pizza with sausage, real cheese, and crust. For about 430 Cal's... so filling I could stop at half but it tastes so good and sinful I eat it all! Actually I have quite a few staples but have been doing this since late march, so I end up cycling the favs in and out after a period of time.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I go through cycles. I have an obsession for awhile and then I move on. Here have been some of my favorites:

PB and Bananas on Wheat Toast
    Yoplait Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt (do not like other flavors though I keep trying)
    Half an Avocado with Garlic Salt
    Quinoa Tabbloui
    Wasabi & Soy Almonds
    Scrambled Eggs in a Honey Wheat Pita Pocket with cheese and picante sauce
    Spinach Salad with various toppings I can change up
    Open Faced Tuna Melt (can add a few veggies in the mix)
    Roasted Chick Peas
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yes there are some things that I usually have every day like my mid morning snack of two non-cured ham slices and a string cheese. I split the cheese in two and roll them up in the ham. Lovely little snack.

I also eat spinach and bananas daily - can't get enough!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I eat rollups for lunch made with low carb torillas (50 calories) that I like better than regular ones. Roast beef or some other luncheon meat with veggies: lettuce, jicama, peppers, whatever is around. Sriracha or chutney or mint chutney varies the flavor a lot. That with a different fruit every day and I don't get bored often. I eat a much more diverse dinner.

Another thing I like it leftsovers with yoghurt. I'll take leftover stif fry or beans or veggies, add bean sprouts and maybe raisins or nuts, and add plain yoghurt. Curry seasoning or sauces - I love lime pickle - spice it up. Every day is different because I have different leftovers.