No soda for 3 months! WOOHOO!

Options
My first step to my journey began with exercise. My trainer and a friend encouraged me to giive up soda. Although it was diet soda, I knew it was not good for me. At first it was hard. I would catch myself staring to order it at a restaurant, but would get water instead. It has been 3 months and it really has made a difference in how I feel.

I encourage everyone to give it up. It has really made a difference. It has curbed my sweet tooth. Don't get me wrong, I still like sweets, but I'm not craving them as much as I use to.

Now, I have to finde something to drink besides water so that I don't get bored.

Replies

• lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It does feel great doesn't it! Today makes 11 month's soda free for me (I also gave up sweet tea too). Its done wonders for me. I'm constantly incourageing my friends and family to do the same. Keep up the good work! :) It only gets easier the longer you go with out.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That deserves a flower for you. :flowerforyou: Soda, especially the cola products, can be really addictive. For you to kick it out of your life is a major accomplishment! Try adding a few drops of lemon or lime juice to your water. Just enough for a bit of flavor but not enough to require a sweetener. Plain iced tea is a possibility, too.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Some people may not consider this reasonable--I personality think you a nothing less than a SUPER-STAR to kick soda pop to the curb for 3 whole months. That's super-star stuff in my book! I'm so proud of you!
  • cutiepiex2123
    cutiepiex2123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job it makes a big difference! :) i gave up soda 3 years ago and its great! i dont miss it at all. Good job and keep it up! :)
  • Juashmom
    Options
    Good for your! 3 months is a major accomplishment if you ask me...I'm in the process of weaning myself off the stuff...I couldn't take the cold turkey headaches the first two days...have gotten to the take it or leave it stage and if I do have one its a small glass not a 42oz big gulp...definitaly feel a difference!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!