Ladies and Dudes, need your opinions!

Options
2»

Replies

• Jongfaith
    Options
    I used to work in spas... heres my opinions

Hates: noisey, smelly, clutter, Nosey questions, rediculous prices!

Loves: clean beautiful atmosphere, feeling pampered, free one glass of wine or champagne,

As a massage thereapist my clients were always complaining about the noise of the hair dryers and clomp of high heels. If you are opening your own place please invest in sound proofing.

I currently never go to the same place twice because I feel like everywhere really wants to impress you the first time to get return clientele, then the experience is never up to the same par. When they think they know you and know what you might want they don't listen or try as hard. *Shrug thats just me being picky and not wanting my stylist to be my friend... just be my stylist.

That being said as long as you are friendly without pretending to be my bff a million things can be overlooked.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    I haven't had enough hair in many years to need to go to a salon. I clipper cut it myself. However, I do notice signs outside of salons with prices for clipper cuts. When I see pricing of $15 (plus tip), I laugh to myself. My opinion is that salons need to price their services more reasonably.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I don't want to chat about their lives or mine. Please just cut/color my hair, and don't try to "get to know me". It is a professional relationship, not a budding friendship.

With that said, I've gone to the same shop for 20 years. I did have to switch hairdressers once because the first one got too friendly and felt it was okay to make fun of me - over and over - even when I asked her to stop.

Yeah. Just cut and color the hair. If I want to talk, I'll let ya know.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Even though the salon I go to is out of town, the best part about it is she's very quick. Like sit down, do her thing, take off the cape, and pay! Love it!
    The salon I didn't care to go back to was when the girl would keep asking so many questions about how to cut my hair. I understand that they don't know unless they ask, but I felt like she was asking me questions that she would know from beauty school. I don't have a complicated cut either. hahaha She was just going to layer my bangs/top part. I was there for.ev.er! I left and didn't like it.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I go to an awesome salon! Seriously. There are no *cons*, only *pros*. For example, it's full of funky haired tattooed stylists, they give me wine when I'm there, my stylist rocks my socks, and it's inexpensive. I LOVE going to the salon and will never go anywhere else!!!

www.twistedscissorschicago.com
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I go to a place here in Fremont, CA, called Savvy Salon. I LOVE IT.

What I love about it? I love that my stylist listens to me and does NOT do more than I ask her to. She cuts off exactly what I ask for, no more, no less. I go in for a wash/condition, trim, blow dry and straighten. That's it. She doesn't push products on me, she doesn't push for me to spend more (say on a hair color - I did ask her once how much it was and she told me, that's it, no pushy-pushiness). I like the decor - it's very modern, open, clean, and doesn't look "cheap" like um... 'mainstream' salons for lack of a better term. There isn't anything I can honestly think of that I dislike about my stylist OR the salon. I like that my stylist has gotten to know me, knows I have a big family, asks me about them, and we can talk the entire time she washes/cuts/styles. It IS more expensive than other places, but this is the first place since I moved to the area that didn't screw something up with my hair and wasn't all hoity-toity or unfriendly.

https://www.facebook.com/SavvyHairSalon
  • amanda_catherine
    Options
    Love that I leave a salon beautiful... hate that i leave a salon broke lol
  • dayotte33
    dayotte33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't want to chat about their lives or mine. Please just cut/color my hair, and don't try to "get to know me". It is a professional relationship, not a budding friendship.

With that said, I've gone to the same shop for 20 years. I did have to switch hairdressers once because the first one got too friendly and felt it was okay to make fun of me - over and over - even when I asked her to stop.

Yeah. Just cut and color the hair. If I want to talk, I'll let ya know.

Wow!
  • loasface
    loasface Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! this is really helpful!!!
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I wish my darn hairdresser would stop getting so much hair dye on my neck/face! My little baby blond face hairs on my forehead (yes, we ALL have them) keep turning BLACK.