Anchoring the girls down

Options
I'm sure there are some lovely ladies here with this same problem...

How on earth do you keep your boobs from bouncing too much during exercise? I'm not huge, but I bounce more than anyone else in my Piloxing and Zumba classes, and don't get me started on running. Even when I'm lifting, I'm having issues - my t-shirts get "tucked" under my chest during push presses, etc. It's attention I don't really want, if you catch my drift...

I've tried doubling up on sports bras and/or wearing a tank top underneath my t-shirt, but I'd love to hear some recommendations for good, supportive sports bras or methods to hold the girls out of the way!

Replies

• reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Anyone?

Have you tried doubling your bras up!? Ive seen a lot of bigger chested women do that?
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The Under Armour sports bras that zip up in the front are the only ones that have ever held my girls in place! It's the first time I've been able to do high impact exercises like running and plyometrics without having to worry about what my breasts were doing. They're kind of expensive, but if you need the extra support, I think it's worth the investment! :)
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Glamorise Women's Adjustable Bounce Control Sports Bra--I order mine from Amazon for around $30 and they are amazing for the price. JCP also sells them online, but I think they cost a bit more. I started using this bra for running when I was a 38 or 40 G. I am now a 34F and still buy this style. It seriously holds them in place!
  • cararickel
    cararickel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    LOL--I hear you! I had DDs and searched high and low for a supportive bra that didn't constrict my actual lung capacity! I had 2 Moving Comfort bras that were awesome. My friends with ample bosoms have also recommended Enell and Lynx Sportswear--I think both were rated highly by Runners World.

If you can, try them on a specialty store. You can find them cheaper online though. I have to say, I put up with cheaper bras, doubling them up, etc because I didn't want to spend all the money for a good one. Then I finally splurged and could have kicked myself for waiting--it makes SUCH a difference! You will feel better and more confident wearing a sports bra that is made for large breasted women. I found myself enjoying running for the first time and I actually worked out more after getting my first good sports bra.

A side note: I got a breast reduction a few years ago and currently wear Champion sports bras--model 1691. They are super supportive and have lots of ways to adjust and tighten them, so they may work for women with larger busts. However, since I'm no longer DD, I can't for sure tell you that they'll work for you. Just wanted to throw it out there as something you can try.
  • reasnableblonde
    Options
    Have you tried doubling your bras up!? Ive seen a lot of bigger chested women do that?

Yep, do that already. The only time I feel like they're out of the way, I'm a little too constricted and can't breathe as well.
  • reasnableblonde
    Options
    Thank you all! I've got some online shopping to do... :happy:
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help. I'm so small on top I'm almost a negative double AA......
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    i love Moving Comfort sports bras....the Maia one in particular...

its totally adjustable and has underwire which i love!!! im a 36DD, best sports bras ever!!!

check amazon.com ...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    best high impact bras : enell and shock absorber. I'm 34 H and i do lots of tabata style sprints in my running workouts. no bounce, no double bras, no straps digging into my skin because they were made to support H cups worth of bounce.

well worth the price i pay
  • fitontherun
    fitontherun Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    best high impact bras : enell and shock absorber.

Shock absorber works well. No bounce. No constriction. The only thing tricky about the band is that the company is from UK-based, so the cup size may run small. Amazon and ebay usually sell them at a cheaper cost.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I love Moving Comfort!
  • thehalls98
    thehalls98 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    An Enell sports bra was the best purchase I ever made!!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Enell.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort, their "Fiona" is my favorite. Adjustable velcro straps! I'm a DD and I barely bounce at all when running.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I love my Nike bra, I guess I would say look for one that is not make of stretchy material.
  • murdy745
    murdy745 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have to wear three sports bras :( I can't breeeeathe!!