Is the scale lying??

Options
Hi everyone! I have a quick question. I've been weighing myself every Thursday and today something very strange happened. When I started 3 weeks ago, I weighed about 132. Two weeks ago, I weighed 130.8. A week ago I weighed 129.8. Today my scale is telling me I weigh 125.4. I did it several times in several different locations and I kept getting that number or very very close. Could this actually be accurate? It seems way too low. I've been running 3-5 miles daily and eating about 1300, if that helps.

Replies

• carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    believe it girl! good job!
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl. Believe it, own it and celebrate it! Did you have TOM on the other weeks perchance because that always adds a couple of lbs don't forget!
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Believe it and keep going!! Ilost 10 pounds my first month and then the weight started coming off at a much slower pace...it seems right.
    KEEP UP THE HARD WORK!
  • Caroline523
    Options
    wow thanks so much everyone!!!!!! wow diet and exercise actually works... who knew?!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Your body probably just broke through some barrier, who knows! Trust the scale though :)
  • Phillips28
    Phillips28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats! How exciting! It's always good to have a happy day with your scale. I know what you mean about being skeptical with the scale. Sometimes I feel like I get different readings with mine if it is on different parts of my bathroom floor? My biggest pet peeve with scales is that the two I have are never the same. We have always had the regular needle scale and then we just bought a nice digital one and the digital one is always 3-4 lbs heavier than the other one?? Does anyone else have this problem?? Anyway, congrats on your weight loss! You look like you are in good shape. Can I ask you...how long have you been running? Do you run outside or on an ellipitical?
  • Caroline523
    Options
    thank you!! i'm not positive my scale was completely accurate but it's extremely motivating anyways! :) and about the running thing- i did cross country for all four years of middle school and all four years of high school, so i've pretty much always been a runner. i didn't run religiously during my off-season though. i just started back into my daily running routine about a month ago. I run on the treadmill, but it took me forever to get used to it. i was always an outdoor runner, but now i prefer the treadmill completely! i have bad shins, and i've found the treadmill doesn't typically hurt them as much.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My scale can vary a pound or more within seconds and it's digital. I almost met my goal today but when I double checked, my loss was gone!!
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    I know I've had probs with digital scales so I went to Target and bought a regular, old-fashioned scale. It definitely doesn't show the points of pounds lost--just pounds but I feel it has been VERY accurate. I would love to know if there is a true, good and accurate digital scale out there because I would prefer digital myself. The ones I've had varied in price so that didn't seem to matter. Would love to know if anyone has one that is good and consistently accurate??!!!
  • bttrflykisses820
    Options
    Congratulations!

I have the question a lot of times... especially because i weight myself daily. lol. So i get to see some crazy numbers. But I record the weight daily, and I look at the graph MFP provides... if it has a downward trend, then i'm happy.