Permanent Eyeliner and Laser Hair Removal

Options
MichelleLaree13
MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
Hey!
I am just curious what everyone thinks of permanent eyeliner and laser hair removal? I have similar features as the model in my photo and am thinking of doing light brown eyeliner.

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I don't have experience with either, but my thoughts are:

laser hair removal: awesome! I currently wax, so I'm pretty sure I can handle the laser. I can't afford it right now, but when I can, I will get it done.

tattoo eyeliner: tattoos need to be done well, so they don't bleed out. They will get blurry, and need to be touched up every few years. I personally wouldn't do it since certain fashion trends (like wings) come and go. If you can find a good artist, then go for it, but also research 'bad permanent makeup' photos, I've seen some doozies! (laser tattoo removal costs a LOT, thousands of dollars)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'd say don't tattoo makeup on, since makeup styles change pretty often.

As for laser hair removal, you're probably safe doing it on legs, but bikini zone and eyebrow styles change a lot. I meant, the bikini area is also personal preference, so if you want it gone for forever, only a couple of people are going to notice.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I tried laser hair removal .... expensive and did not permanently remove hair .... just slowed it down for a very short time. I think its kinda like the "nono" it just burns the hair to the root but doesn't destroy the root like electrolysis. (could be wrong)

I tried it on my face and in the end went with true electrolysis which has so far proven to be permanent. PS I did not find laser to be painful at all.

Permanent eyeliner has been around for a long time and I've heard good results. Just make sure you get an allergy test for the dyes before you go ahead with it.
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would not do the eyeliner but would do the hair removal. For safety reasons and just cause I think the tattoo eyeliner is a bad idea. And I wear eyeliner every day.
  • Ivy_leaves
    Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If I had the time, money, or desire for laser hair removal I would do it. To me body hair is easy enough to take care of as is. Also, It takes me all of two minutes max to put on eyeliner, so I don't see the need to tattoo it on my eyelids permanately.
  • SophieSLP
    SophieSLP Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I had my lower legs and underarms lasered. I got 3rd degree burns on my last visit and still have the scars 4 years later. The hair became a lot thinner, but no, it didn't go away for good. Plus, it's ridiculously expensive. Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend it!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Laser hair removal seems like a good idea, you should give it a try. But I dont think the permanent eyeliner is really necessary, its not that hard to just put on eyeliner everyday. Try liquid eyeliner, it lasts longer than regular eyeliner
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    my mom did the tattoo eye liner, it was okay but it doesnt last, it stays a year to three and before it fades it turns a greenish grey, so then it goes away entirely. It wasnt as bad as the time she had botox on her eyebrows and frown line and her face was frozen for a few weeks looking like a female version of jack nicholsons "joker" character! Dont ever do botox!!!! Even if you think you look good, like my mom did, trust me no one who gets botox looks good , you cant show facial expression aka emotion until it wears off, and you look stupid! LOL
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had laser hair removal on my chin. I had started sprouting these embarrassing chin hairs and rain across a Groupon deal for 6 sessions for only $100. It is quite painless. Basically they lay you on a table, put eye protecting goggles on to protect you from the laser. Then they put gel on the area that you are getting done so you don't burn. Then they take the laser and shock each hair over the entire area. Whole thing takes 5-10 minutes. I could feel the laser, but there was no pain. You can smell the hair burning. They told me my hairs would fall out within 2 weeks of each session, but they never did so I shaved them. You CANNOT wax while you are having your sessions done. You will notice a difference after about 3 sessions, the hair growth will slow down significantly.

Now the laser will DECREASE the growth of hair and the rate it grows but it does not eliminate it 100%. The hair will still grow, just very slow and light. I still have to get waxed just not as often as before. It was worth the $100 but I would not pay full price for it.

If you have blonde hair, the laser won't detect it. Same goes for dark skinned people w/ dark hair. Electrolysis is the only permanent hair removal method and it is very painful.

As far as tattooed makeup, maybe not because it is permanent and you may decide you want to change later on down the road.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Here is my two-cents worth. Laser hair removal is extremely expensive and did not work. I spent way too much and did not get the result of permanent hair removal.

My best results have been from Hair Threading - these wonderful Indian women thread my facial hair and it's really not too expensive at all. This is the route I'm going and it's easy to maintain. Try other alternatives before laser.

I would not go for permanent makeup.... really how long does it really take, and a tattoo around your eyes is dangerous and permanent.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Laser hair removal worked out really well for me. I would just recommend going to a very highly rated place. This is not a procedure to skimp on. I would avoid the permanent eye makeup though.
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Just had a touch up on my permanent eyeliner yesterday. It takes a couple of sessions to get it just right.

My thoughts (in no particular order):

1. One of the BEST things I've ever done. I used to NEVER set foot out of the house without my eyeliner on. Now it never sweats off, wears off, or smudges.

2. Find a qualified person to do it. They are specially trained and licensed by each state. NOT the same as a regular tatoo artist.

3. Mine offered free touch ups for a year. This is VITAL!! Don't go to anyone who doesn't offer this.

4. My eyes are blue and my hair blond. We went with a brown that is about the color of a brown crayon.

5. Be VERY conservative!!! No Cleopatra eyes. You can always add more, but the stuff don't come off.

6. I paid $500 in Omaha, NE. Expect to pay the same or more. Cheaper is NOT better.

7. They also tatoo on lip liner, lip stick and blush. I would never consider those personally.

8. It does eventually fade. I'll have to have it re-done in 8-10 years. Not completely permanent.

My husband went on the record as opposed to the whole process, but once it was done, he thought I should have it made bolder. I'm happy with the results I have now.

Never had the laser hair removal, so no vote there.
  • goldair23
    Options
    Definitely to laser hair removal! If I could afford it I'd be all over it! And it would work out cheaper in the long run with the price of razors/wax appointments etc.

And HELL NO to permanent eyeliner.. *shudder* You'll regret it, and probably look scary too. So stay away.

x
  • trdepalo
    trdepalo Posts: 106
    Options
    I had laser hair removal on my chin. I had started sprouting these embarrassing chin hairs and rain across a Groupon deal for 6 sessions for only $100. It is quite painless. Basically they lay you on a table, put eye protecting goggles on to protect you from the laser. Then they put gel on the area that you are getting done so you don't burn. Then they take the laser and shock each hair over the entire area. Whole thing takes 5-10 minutes. I could feel the laser, but there was no pain. You can smell the hair burning. They told me my hairs would fall out within 2 weeks of each session, but they never did so I shaved them. You CANNOT wax while you are having your sessions done. You will notice a difference after about 3 sessions, the hair growth will slow down significantly.

Now the laser will DECREASE the growth of hair and the rate it grows but it does not eliminate it 100%. The hair will still grow, just very slow and light. I still have to get waxed just not as often as before. It was worth the $100 but I would not pay full price for it.

If you have blonde hair, the laser won't detect it. Same goes for dark skinned people w/ dark hair. Electrolysis is the only permanent hair removal method and it is very painful.

As far as tattooed makeup, maybe not because it is permanent and you may decide you want to change later on down the road.

This! I had laser too and it doesn't eliminate it but decreases it. I also found a coupon but it was still pretty expensive, and I had it on a larger area (bikini/navel) and I needed at least six sessions. If I could do it again, I would save up more money and gone a few more times (maybe two coupons at two different places) and NOT TAN because my last couple sessions were in the summer and the machine couldn't find the hair on my tanned skin.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback. Laser hair removal is so expensive I cant hardly believe it worked so poorly for so many people :( I am still not sure about the eyeliner thing either. I would do a subtle brown if I decide to....
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had my eyeliner and eyebrows done in 1998 and I love it. They have not faded and I no longer purchase makeup.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    people really tattoo eyeliner on?
    that's kinda silly,you can never play around with your makeup of you did that.
    never underestimate the ability of the great look you can get when you try different styles.

and you wouldnt be able to do that if you tattoo'd your eyeliner on.
    hmm,lazer hair removal though! that could be nice!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    If you are similar to you avatar, as you say, laser hair removal might not be so good for you. It works best on people with light skin and dark hair. Light-colored hair does not absorb the laser so well, and so it is not as effective.
    I have seen some really bad jobs done on cosmetic things that are permanent. I would not take a chance with any permanent cosmetic procedure unless I was having a world famous surgeon or a world famous artist doing it.
    I repeat, I have seen a lot of bad cosmetic procedures, including eyeliner tattoos.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Being in the health and beauty industry I have seen some bad, botched jobs. I'm just not a fan of either.