Getting to a normal calorie intake - looking for friends

Options
Hey there - recently, last weekend, I decided I want - no, need to break the cycle of my undereating. The idea of having to be around food all the time and never enjoy it makes me sick, and O need a better outlook on food. I'm looking for friends to help me achieve this. I went from eating 100 calories a day t about 400-500 now. I'm slowly getting back to a normal amount, but I need some healthier friends, maybe even those of you going through the same thing. If you'd like to help me, because I haven't eaten normally in so long I don't really even know what an 'average' meal is, please friend me. :)

Replies

• DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I like food, and I had ice cream yesterday that was SO good, and I lost weight today =) nothing wrong with 1200 calories
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I eat alot...all fresh, nothing processed and I eat right around 1200 calories everyday : ) Good luck

You can add me if you would like!
  • hannahamay
    hannahamay Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I went though a similar situation you're in last year, it was hard to overcome but now I'm healthier than ever! :)
  • kdward83
    Options
    I usually eat around 2000 calories a day. I fuel my workouts with my food. I'm in the red almost everyday and I'm OK with it! Fell free to add me!
  • jedrai
    jedrai Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In my younger years, I was skinny, 26 inch waist, and ate about 4000 kcal a day. As I got older and had kids, my weight creeped up thirty pounds. So it is a shock getting older, losing my waistline, getting a tummy and the metabolism that came with it. Now at 1400 kcal a day and 45 minutes to an hour of walking my dog a day, I am losing weight at a healthy 1-2 pounds a week. It is a struggle because I was used to being able to eat all I want and I never did understand people who couldn't and now I am one of those people.
  • believe1922
    believe1922 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me as a friend...i am going through the same thing. For the past 3 years I've really been struggling with issues of an eating disorder and trying to recover. I also only consumed about 100 calories a day for quite awhile and worked out quite a bit. But after suffering from a car accident a year ago, my perspective kind of changed, I wasn't able to exercise, was off from work, and had people making me eat-so of course i gained weight. I know what i was doing was very unhealthy so now i'm eating about 500 calories a day and try to work out at least 30 min 5 days a week- i'm trying my best to up my calorie intake to a normal amount-but it is soo hard. So I'm just trying to take it 1 day at a time, trying to keep eating and working out- to get back in shape-but in a healthy way this time around. I'm not overweight, but not as in shape as I'm used to...so hopefully we can keep in touch, because i think having someone to talk to honestly is one of the best ways to cope. Hope all is going well with you.
  • believe1922
    believe1922 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hannahmay- I would love to hear how you overcame it, and what your doing now. I'm having such a hard time coping and really don't know the best way to go about eating a healthy calorie diet, right now I'm at about 500 cals a day.