I think I may be in love!!!!

Options
epoeraven
epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
I have been trying to eat more fish because of all the health benefits - but unfortunately - I don't really like fish. I can tolerate Salmon so I have been trying to find a way to spice it up a bit when I cook it.

My epiphany tonight was putting Tastefully Simple's Pomegranite Chipotle Sauce on top of it before I baked it. It was AWESOME. The sauce also helped it from getting too dry- something I have had trouble with. I will definitely be making that again.

Replies

• Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Now that sounds yummy!!!
  • Janicca
    Janicca Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I HATE fish, but also know how "good for you" it is- so maybe, just maybe I'll try this.
  • LillyJ
    LillyJ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try putting Cajun spice over the top of the salmon, wrap it in foil and cook it for 25 mins in the oven (about 190 deg cel)...thats what we do :)
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    Options
    oh fish...my other dislike in the food world (along with lettuce).

I just don't think I can muster up the willpower to buy the fish at the market...haha but if I do, I'm trying this!
  • chefcc
    chefcc Posts: 143
    Options
    I have been trying to eat more fish because of all the health benefits - but unfortunately - I don't really like fish. I can tolerate Salmon so I have been trying to find a way to spice it up a bit when I cook it.

My epiphany tonight was putting Tastefully Simple's Pomegranite Chipotle Sauce on top of it before I baked it. It was AWESOME. The sauce also helped it from getting too dry- something I have had trouble with. I will definitely be making that again.

Mix dijon mustard and honey together, mix in a little brown sugar, put on top of salmon and bake. Really good!!
  • derra99
    derra99 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Also, Tastefully Simple has a Bayou Burbon Sauce that is AWESOME on Salmon too!
  • gatorkdr1
    gatorkdr1 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I like a few fish, salmon, halibut, talapia (had this years ago and loved it but not sure about now), and tuna. I think all the ideas shared here sound ohh so good. Thank you!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love the Pomegranite Chipotle sauce, will have to try it on fish. Thanks!
  • jojordan
    jojordan Posts: 8
    Options
    Catfish, girl, and I am not just saying that because I'm from Mississippi! Ha! There is more to catfish than hush puppies and hot sauce. My husband boiled catfish with lobster sauce as one of the first dishes he ever made me, and I am telling you it was amazing. Make sure your catfish is home grown, too!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I really dig salmon. My fave was going to a costco or Sam's club and buying a big jar os Asian spices. Throw some of that on the Salmon and bake. It is Yummy, Yummy YUMMY!

Throw it on a bed or bronw rice and some steamed veggies and you are good to go!

A more adventurous (and not as light) is a salmon panang.

For those who want to splurge a little here is the recipe:

1 Tbsp Panang Curry
    1/2 c. coconut milk
    1/4 c. water
    1 tsp fish sauce
    1 tsp of sugar
    Sprig of Thai mint
    1/2 c. julliene green bell peppers
    1/2 c frozen or fresh peas or mixed veggies
    2-4 oz or 4-3oz salmon fillets seasoned with salt and pepper

Sear the seasoned salmon on both sides for a few minutes on each side.

In a hot pan with some sesame oil, "sautee" the panang curry until aromatic. Add the coconut milk, sugar, and water and mix. Let it simmer and add the fish sauce.

Toss in the salmon and veggies and allow it to continue to cook for about 8 to 10 more minutes.

Serve over brown or white rice and enjoy.

If you like your panag a little more spicy add a little more panang at the beginning of the cooking process.

This is one of my family's favorite recipes, but I save it for special meals as it is higher infat because of the coconut milk.