85lbs down, 30 more to go

Hi, I've always had issues with my weight but last year I really put on the pounds going from a size 18 to a 22/24. I started watching what I ate around May 2011 by doing the Atkins diet, while I had success on that diet I do not recommend it. I started incorporating fruits and more veggies into my diet this summer and while the weight loss had stalled I exercise more and feel better in general.(I joined MFP approx 200 days ago and I've lost about 15 lbs since then) I've gone from a 22W to a 12. I still have a ways to go but I know I'll get there, maybe by next summer I'll look forward to putting on a swimsuit instead of wanting to wear a blanket. This is the first time I've attempted to post a picture so here goes. And please don't be harsh, I know I look terrible in that swimsuit...
june2011250ish.jpg
oct12.jpg

Replies

• Well done.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    You look wonderful. Doesn't look like you need to lose another 30 lbs to me!
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Fantastic work!! :flowerforyou:
  • Great job!
  • You did gooD! Congratulations on your loss :)
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    You look great. Fantastic job
  • You look 20 years younger!
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    You are a beautiful girl! It's always amazing how we can turn back the clock with weight loss. You look younger!
  • LiveforChange
    LiveforChange Posts: 123 Member
    you look amazing
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Thanks you guys, you have no idea how nervous I was about putting up those pics. I feel younger, for sure :)
  • You are beautiful, keep up the good work!!!
  • linzisparkles
    linzisparkles Posts: 42 Member
    Where is that extra 30 coming from!? You look great
  • kareann57
    kareann57 Posts: 11 Member
    Wow you have done amazing and I know with that will power we will see more pictures with a super sharp bathing suit with a beautiful woman in it!. We're all here for the same goal! If people don't have something nice to say then keep it to yourself!! Be PROUD of your dedication!!
  • Rita_Rocker
    Rita_Rocker Posts: 43 Member
    Wow...I can't believe that person in the swimsuit is you!! You look great!!! I know you will never put that old swimsuit on again. Keep up the great work and believe in yourself!!! You deserve to be happy. I have NEVER dieted in my life but the doctor told me end of Sept. I am too borderilne diabetic...and I will NOT let that happen! I cut out 90% sugar right away, started with personal trainer once a week, go to gym 5 times per week and have lost 10 lbs. in 4 weeks. I feel amazing!!! I also have 30 lbs. to go for my goal! Once we both get there let's go shopping together! Hang in there, Rita in Virginia.
  • Colexlovely
    Colexlovely Posts: 133 Member
    That is incredible!! Amazing job!!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 894 Member
    Amazing job, you look so much younger!!! Slowly and surely wins the race, and you are a winner!
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    OMG!!! you really DO look a lot younger now! How awesome is THAT? soooo great to hear stories like yours :) it inspires me beyond what I can express. Thank you for sharing with us :)
  • You should be very proud of yourself. You look fantastic!
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    You look fantastic! I've lost around 80 lbs. and have another 30 - 40 to go. 2013 will be OUR TIME!
  • you look great !!! good job !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!