New here and worried about my sugar intake.

yeah...i have a sweet tooth but for 6 months now, i've been staying off really unhealthy sweets like ice cream, but i'm finding i might be eating too many fruits to satisfy my sweet tooth and my sugar intake from fruit and sugar intake from my milk is making it very difficult to stay within my sugar intake goals.
i've already lost weight before joining here..but i feel like i'm going crazy, especially since i have actual dreams about eating unhealthy deserts.

does anyone feel the same? i'm just looking to feel more sane.

Replies

• I ignore it. If I have a coffee and a banana it tells me I'm over my sugar.
  • thanks, maybe i will just ignore it, i doupt banannas and apples are bad for us even with all the sugar.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Unless you have a medical reason to track sugar its just over complicating things.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    My entire time on this site, I haven't bothered to track my sugar intake. I focus on hitting my cals/protein.
  • VanessaLysette3
    VanessaLysette3 Posts: 22 Member
    As far as fruits, you should SLIGHTLY ignore it! They still count unfortunately but they aren't nearly as bad as refined sugars. Cranberries are a low sugar fruit snack that maybe you should try! I try to stay at less than 30g a day but yes, fruit has a ridiculous amount and that is mainly where all my sugar is also.

Edited for typos:)
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    On days where i can't even see where the sugar is coming from it says im over on sugar. I never even realised it until a week ago. Im with the others, keep an eye on it but don't take too much notice, or it will drive you crazy.
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Banana CHIPS are the ticket!
    But portion it out because you don't want to eat too many and get a belly ache because of all the sugar!
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    I'd worry much more about processed sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, and other sugars added to foods. I think if you're sticking to what's naturally occuring in fruits, you're getting much more benefit nutritionally.